• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why GPU prices are NOT likely to drop significantly EVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
1. **HEADLINES** Dow Jones hits 35000+ the highest in history!
2. **HEADLINES** The price of TIN hits the highest in history!
3. Not long for stocks now, just a matter of months (less than 12 months) peak could be early next year but this year is my pick.
4. GPU prices NO significant change.
5. People waiting for 4000/7000 series be prepared to pay big and likely you'll want a new motherboard, memory etc so its going to cost.
6. FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS we're into the final few months! (and its been 50 years in the making!)
7. Read up on what happened to Japan January 1990 if you want to know what's ahead.
8. You're going to see history being made soon!

Price of 3070's have dropped £200 at OC in the last 10 days.

That's a realtime observation as opposed to speculation.

And very welcome I might add :p

Soldato
3090 FE dipped below MSRP on the Grey Market yesterday. £1,370 inc down from the peak of £2,600 inc recorded on 16th May.

tBEHeRJ.png

fEewEOF.png

Caporegime
can't shift £600 3060 ti on the bay, retailers seemingly have plenty of stock but are clinging on to higher pricing for now.

as i said yesterday fe models yesterday were on sale in stock for 369. quite a lot of em gone now but shows you not all are scalping. good to see gougers and scalpers will get stuck with some of these cards now. :D

Associate
as i said yesterday fe models yesterday were on sale in stock for 369. quite a lot of em gone now but shows you not all are scalping. good to see gougers and scalpers will get stuck with some of these cards now. :D

have not been on the Bay for a few months prices have dropped a lot and i never seen so many 3060ti fe`s for sale.

Caporegime
gibbo explained yesterday that the Fe Models could only be sold by one person i think it was. also they cant be sold for more than suggested. if only all cards were FE :p

Associate
I've noticed cards at a few retailers still at grossly inflated prices, the thing is they've been showing as " In Stock" for weeks which kind of says to me they need to reduce their prices. So what aren't they?

Soldato
I've noticed cards at a few retailers still at grossly inflated prices, the thing is they've been showing as " In Stock" for weeks which kind of says to me they need to reduce their prices. So what aren't they?

Given people are still paying £600 for 3060fe on scalpbay, retailers must be hoping they can sell for similar.

Also, they probably paid a lot for their existing stock, so need to shift that on before they can offer reductions.

Associate
Given people are still paying £600 for 3060fe on scalpbay, retailers must be hoping they can sell for similar.

Also, they probably paid a lot for their existing stock, so need to shift that on before they can offer reductions.
Couldn't the bigger retailers reduce the price and thus subsidize the cost through more sales ? I'm quite sure they didn't pay anything near the cost of the scalping prices a lot of retailers are selling cards at.

Soldato
Couldn't the bigger retailers reduce the price and thus subsidize the cost through more sales ? I'm quite sure they didn't pay anything near the cost of the scalping prices a lot of retailers are selling cards at.

Recent posts from gibbo have stated retailers' buying prices are very high.

If they're paying £500 to buy in, their resale price will be corresponding high...

Associate
Recent posts from gibbo have stated retailers' buying prices are very high.

If they're paying £500 to buy in, their resale price will be corresponding high...
I think it all depends on the retailer if you think of a certain large well known chain surely they get a slightly better deal than some of the smaller known online retailers when/ if they can get a big order in? I sure wish we could get back to 2017 prices again:D:rolleyes:

Soldato
I think it all depends on the retailer if you think of a certain large well known chain surely they get a slightly better deal than some of the smaller known online retailers when/ if they can get a big order in? I sure wish we could get back to 2017 prices again:D:rolleyes:

Given current supply issues, the manufacturers can set a high price and know retailers have to suck it up and pass it on.

At least the manufacturers aren't selling all their stock directly to Chinese mining farms any more, I suppose. Small wins, and that...

Associate
Given current supply issues, the manufacturers can set a high price and know retailers have to suck it up and pass it on.

At least the manufacturers aren't selling all their stock directly to Chinese mining farms any more, I suppose. Small wins, and that...
I'll hold off until I get a good enough deal on something whenever that will be :rolleyes:

Associate

People are willing to pay the high prices, so no need to lower them atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom