*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
I must admit, after playing hundreds of hours of VR games with stick turning (Skyrim mainly) it is hard to remember that I can simply turn around physically on the Quest 2.

I tend to use stick turning on the Index because I don't want to get the wire tangled, and I have limited room to move in my attic anyway.

Soldato
52p to a game isnt bad for 5 games. and there are 5 games which all rate really high on steam and still cost around a tenner each on there. I've taken a punt on 5 games. Whats £2.59? If one is good it will be money well spent.

Report back on how you get on please! I doubt anyone is put off by the outrageous price, more the hassle of downloading, installing and trying out a game to find that it's not worth playing.

Associate
Has anyone used a discount code and store credit, when purchasing on the oculus store, simultaneously ? I am getting a payment error and CS saying that I cant use code+store credit in a single purchase.

Soldato
How did you get the Store Credit? If it's store credit that you got for free as part of a promotion or something like that, then you probably can't use a discount code with it.

Associate
How did you get the Store Credit? If it's store credit that you got for free as part of a promotion or something like that, then you probably can't use a discount code with it.
Yeap it was free promotion. I made two separate purchases and the code and the credit worked okay separately earlier today, so you are right. But ideally it should have shown a notification that made more sense before clicking on completing order (i.e code cant be used with store credit or vice versa). The error it kept throwing was change your payment method, which was paypal for the residual amount so I wasnt sure what exactly was causing the issue.

Soldato
Skyrim VR is on sale for £9.99 on Steam

'Out of the box' it's an ok VR experience (with the added WOW factor of being INSIDE Skyrim :eek: :D).

With mods like VRIK (full IK body presence, body holsters) and HiggsVR (Full hand presence, ability to pick up naturally most in-world objects, and Alyx style gravity gloves behaviour) it's transformed into a game that could almost be designed for VR. I heartily recommend this. I've spent over 250 hours playing this IN VR. (Plus 260 hours on the original release, plus 80 hours in the special edition), so you get your moneys worth.

There are various mod-packs you can download using the Wabbajack mod downloader (Nexus mods premium account preferred), and these can transform the game into an incredible experience that far surpasses the original game.

Caporegime
Skyrim VR is on sale for £9.99 on Steam

'Out of the box' it's an ok VR experience (with the added WOW factor of being INSIDE Skyrim :eek: :D).

With mods like VRIK (full IK body presence, body holsters) and HiggsVR (Full hand presence, ability to pick up naturally most in-world objects, and Alyx style gravity gloves behaviour) it's transformed into a game that could almost be designed for VR. I heartily recommend this. I've spent over 250 hours playing this IN VR. (Plus 260 hours on the original release, plus 80 hours in the special edition), so you get your moneys worth.

There are various mod-packs you can download using the Wabbajack mod downloader (Nexus mods premium account preferred), and these can transform the game into an incredible experience that far surpasses the original game.

Got this, any guides on which mods to use please?

Thanks

Soldato
Got this, any guides on which mods to use please?

Thanks

At a bare minimum, VRIK (Full IK body presence), HiggsVR (Full hand presence, gravity gloves) and Dragonborn Speaks Naturally (Voice commands and speak the dialogue responses). Also Skyrim Script Extender (essential) and SKYUI.

Other than that, check out Wabbajack and look at some of the modlists on there. I use Skyrim Ultimate VR Essentials, but that does require a monster PC.

Back
Top Bottom