*** Show us your Dogs ***

I'm insured with Direct Line. Policy wasn't the cheapest, but the extra cover provided made it worth paying. However, it's at annual renewals they all seem to get you - even if you've not claimed. We have had a claim and it jumped to £45pm at renewal (I'll try to find out what it was originally.) We're still paying it, but there will come a time when I think saving the money ourselves and 'self-insuring' will be the way to go. That's actually what our breeder recommended and does herself.

We've got our second dog show tomorrow in Leeds. If he does as well in this one as he did the first one, there's a chance he could qualify for Crufts! But tomorrow is a lot bigger show and there'll be more competition. Wish us luck!
Good luck! :)

jcr

jcr

Associate
I had a Staffie with my ex wife and then another with my subsequent partner who I was with for a while. Suffice to say my current mrs wasn't keen on the idea of me getting another which is understandable. They are a wonderful dog and quite frankly massively understood due to their image. A wonderful, affectionate and caring breed. Sorry to hear about your loss.

one of those massively misunderstood Staffies attacked and killed another dog out on its walk in my neighbourhood last week.

Associate
Naturally it’s the breeds fault then. Case closed.

No it's always the owner's fault for not having the dog under control but sadly the potential for such incidents to occur is always there with such a powerful animal. Personally I avoid going near them with my dogs because you just never know if the owner knows what they are doing.

Associate
Lost my old Lab late last year. Was 11 1/2 ish, poor kid had a stroke.

Been eyeing up a new dog for a while.

Finally made the jump, heres the new boy. Another Lab

Caporegime
No it's always the owner's fault for not having the dog under control but sadly the potential for such incidents to occur is always there with such a powerful animal. Personally I avoid going near them with my dogs because you just never know if the owner knows what they are doing.
We had a staffie when I was younger. When we was just walking him around with just people my dad let me hold him, but as soon as we got to a park or anywhere other dogs were, he’d take the lead off me straight away.

He was the most loveliest family dog you could ever meet, but around other dogs, he had to be kept firmly under control.

Once he did break free and have a fight with an big Alsatian. Absolutely wrecked the other dog. They are excellent fighters.

Associate
Looks like a Vizla? Gonna have your hands full with that lively chap when he grows up a little they're energy on legs lol! Looks so cute :)

You're not wrong there!! Ours is 9 months old today and she has boundless energy! Such a beautiful, intelligent pup with a massive personality!

You are in for one hell of a great ride!!

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Looks like a Vizla? Gonna have your hands full with that lively chap when he grows up a little they're energy on legs lol! Looks so cute :)
Vizsla indeed! We've wanted a dog for years but never been in the position to cater for one before. Finally got our own house and schedules that allow it so we've bit the bullet. First met one years ago when on holiday in the forest of dean and fell in love with it straight away - has everything in a breed we want! Though we'll have to see how clingy he really does get... Very excited though, will be nice to have a running buddy once he's old enough :)

He got second. Which means we're on our way to Crufts!
That's brilliant!! Congratulations!!

one of those massively misunderstood Staffies attacked and killed another dog out on its walk in my neighbourhood last week.
That's awful.

They can be such lovely dogs (my neighbour has a really friendly and soft one that looks like its smiling) but in the wrong hands they can unfortunately be scary and likely to hurt.

Went and saw (and chose!) this little fella yesterday. Should be picking him up in just under 4 weeks time :)

z3qkQwB.jpg
So cute! You're in for lots of fun and some sleepless nights I imagine!

Here's Barkley, my 7 month old chewing machine :)

H7ZQ0UC.jpg
He's stunning :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom