Summer Transfer Window 2021/2022

Man of Honour
I smell a rat. Why are Real Madrid letting go a world class defender with four champions league medals, when they've just let go their other long term talismanic central defender?

Had the same feeling when Bayern sold us Schweinsteiger.

Good start, followed by injuries for most of the season, then loaned to the US for the rest of his contract. Pessimism, moi?

Varane has only just turned 28. Real Madrid are having financial issues and they can't/won't match what we're offering him.

Man of Honour
Yeah, much better off with Lindelof.

Will he be amazing? Only time will tell, but you'd have to be insane to think he's not a major upgrade in defence.

09aKOV9l.png.jpg

Soldato
Varane may be class and just not adapt to the club / EPL

Stranger things have happened (still remember Veron arriving all those years ago, and never quite working out)

Really bizarre links that we want another CB after Varane, I really cant see it somehow - especially given we supposedly already wanted a CM of some kind even without Pogba leaving, and we still havent sold anyone (or even given away Phil Jones which made me laugh at work today)

Soldato
Varane may be class and just not adapt to the club / EPL

Stranger things have happened (still remember Veron arriving all those years ago, and never quite working out)

Really bizarre links that we want another CB after Varane, I really cant see it somehow - especially given we supposedly already wanted a CM of some kind even without Pogba leaving, and we still haven't sold anyone (or even given away Phil Jones which made me laugh at work today)

Surely Phil Jones has been let go, shocking to keep him around, must have a lot of dirt on someone?

Has Woodward gone yet, or Martial been sold on?

Soldato
Surely Phil Jones has been let go, shocking to keep him around, must have a lot of dirt on someone?

Has Woodward gone yet, or Martial been sold on?
Sadly no to all of the above!

Maybe Martial will go in the latter half of August but I can’t see many being interested with his supposed bad attitude.

Soldato
Sadly no to all of the above!

Maybe Martial will go in the latter half of August but I can’t see many being interested with his supposed bad attitude.
I think we will get rid of Martial - but at a loss to the £50m odd we eventually paid....Monaco (will probably have to give the player a bit of a pay off too given his huge wages)

Man of Honour
Still 16m less than what we’re paying for a defender with one good season behind him :rolleyes:

I meant it as in £34m is a great price, a steal, really. Assuming he does OK!

Ben White is a great prospect, but you'll need to partner him up with someone decent too.

Don
Still 16m less than what we’re paying for a defender with one good season behind him :rolleyes:
White is undoubtedly expensive but for context, he's also 5 years younger, doesn't have 1 year remaining on his existing deal and will earn 50% in wages than Varane too.

Back
Top Bottom