Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
I got a response from my support request with LG...

"Good Morning *me*,

Thank you for your email, I am sorry to hear that this is happening and I would be happy to look into this for you today.

Please may I ask you to try the following troubleshooting to see if this helps:
- Please try unplugging the monitor from the wall, leaving it for a period of at least 10 minutes and plugging it back in to a separate wall socket- avoid the use of extension cables where possible as these can cause power related issues.
- Try using a different input device with the monitor- does this make a difference?
- Use different connection cables on the monitor. Try them in multiple ports.

If the issue persists, we will need to investigate this further for you. Please also confirm the following information:
Postcode
First line of the address
Contact number
Preferred Title (Mr/Ms/Mrs/Miss/Dr)
Model number
Serial number
Suffix code (e.g. ZA.BEKLYF- located on the back of the monitor on the product sticker)
Date of purchase
Retailer
Please also confirm:
Is there any accidental damage to the unit?
Are you happy for LG to contact you via email about our goods and services (including on product launches, special offers and future promotions) which we think may be of interest to you? You are able to opt out at any time by contacting us directly.
Are you happy to receive satisfaction surveys regarding any of your repair experiences via Phone, Email and SMS?
You are able to opt out at any time by contacting us directly
1. Have you or anyone in your household had to seek medical advice resulting in them being advised to self-isolate, or have you decided to self-isolate, as a result of a potential coronavirus contact?
2. Have you or anyone in your household returned from a visit abroad known to be considered at risk of the coronavirus within the last 14 days?"

Then there's a survey about the customer service.

So i guess this is what should be tried first.
I've already used different cables and across multiple ports.
I can try and use my onboard DP socket for a bit i support and see how that goes... but it probably wont have Gync or give me actual performance XD
I guess i could try different power socket... but thats a cuffuffle under the desk and hoping that the power cable will reach a different wall socket!

But still.... something that you guys can take away to try and see if it helps and report back on too? :)

Associate
To be frank the response is a little disappointing. It annoys me that the first response assumes that the monitor is perfect and that the issue more likely lies with my home/setup.
Even though my setup has worked perfectly fine with multiple other screens for years.... suddenly i get a new monitor and now there's an issue with it...

Associate
For anyone still trying to get one it was in stock at Currys one hour ago and sold out in less than a minute. So I think they’ll be dropping here soon by the end of the month rather than early week of august

Associate
So, I followed the advice from the LG's response above, and guess what, I had a 3-hour game session without a single black screen at 160hz@155fps mode, freesync on (triple checked that). The monitor was plugged through a different wall socket via a long apc power filter. Lucky or this is the fix? Not sure yet, will report as soon as I test it longer.

Associate
It's been 26 days since my last post and a black screen issue, I changed some monitor setting 26 days ago from my last black screen and so far I've had no black screen for 26 days now, while gaming.
My settings...

144Hz / Adaptive-Sync Off / HDR Off / Response Time Fast / DAS Mode On

Game Mode:
Gamer 1,

Game Adjust:
Adaptive-Sync, Off
Response Time, Fast

Picture Adjust:
Local Dimming, Off

Input:
Aspect Ratio, Original

General:
Waves MaxxAudio, Off
Smart Energy Saving, Off
Automatic Standby, Off
DisplayPort Version, 1.4(DSC)

Information, Total Power on Time - 663 hours.

The rest of the setting I've not mentioned, I've left them how they were when i first powered on the monitor, and so far, no black screen for me while gaming over the last 26 days, but will still be keeping my eye on it.
also the 160hz mode is grayed out when using my/these setting.

Associate
For anyone still trying to get one it was in stock at Currys one hour ago and sold out in less than a minute. So I think they’ll be dropping here soon by the end of the month rather than early week of august

I have confirmation from OC that they’re receiving stock on the 30th and you should have it by 31st :) don’t get your hopes up though.. they’re receiving 80 and have 99 pre orders so it depends where you are in the queue. Lol. Some people have ordered 2.

Associate
I have confirmation from OC that they’re receiving stock on the 30th and you should have it by 31st :) don’t get your hopes up though.. they’re receiving 80 and have 99 pre orders so it depends where you are in the queue. Lol. Some people have ordered 2.
Damm

Soldato
Well it's another few night of no black screens. I have changed up my wiring under the desk making sure the power to the monitor isn't tied to other data/power cables.
I have placed the power adapter on top of my desk that keeps so much more cooler to touch.

The only other suggestion I have not done yet is have the monitor plugged alone directly into the wall socket.

I am convinced that the issue does lay around this sort of thing.

The black screen is some sort of interference.

I could be completely wrong but all I can do is play games when I get time and hope I do not black screen.

I have spent countless time searching for black screen issues and it does seem LG is more prone to this than other manufacturers I have seen thread dating back to 2015.

Associate

Well that sucks. Fingers crossed for everyone here.

Think I got my order in early enough (before they changed the page to even say 'pre-order').

Last edited:
Associate
Dare I ask what time people managed to place their orders? I want to cry while playing "Higher or Lower" in my head.

My order was placed at 21st June, 14:54.

(Updated post with correct order date, not the email arrival time)

Last edited:
Associate
Dare I ask what time people managed to place their orders? I want to cry while playing "Higher or Lower" in my head.

I have an email confirmation of my order with the date 21st June, 15:00.

June 21st 12:15

However because when I ordered it showed as 'in-stock', I then got an email at 17:00 informing me it was a pre-order. My tiny fear is that it got amended to a pre-order and may have messed up my queue place. Very unlikely I know, just paranoia lol.

Associate
I can't remember if mine said 'pre-order' or not when I bought, but after ordering at 14:54, I received an email at 17:00 stating it was a Pre Order Item, so fear not, you're probably in a good position.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom