Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
A suggestion from me, but DYOR:

Segro PLC - Commercial property, provides warehousing space so benefits from growth in e-commerce. Up 34% since 5 Mar. A FTSE-250 company.

Soldato
RR strongest stock on the ft100 for couple days I think. In a fairly clear trading range between two points of volume, lots of people undecided if its worth it or not and general ongoing bad news worldwide is going to keep being there. I'm just interested if the company itself is capable and a unique engineering asset required by the world at some point (increasingly)

Soldato
RR strongest stock on the ft100 for couple days I think. In a fairly clear trading range between two points of volume, lots of people undecided if its worth it or not and general ongoing bad news worldwide is going to keep being there. I'm just interested if the company itself is capable and a unique engineering asset required by the world at some point (increasingly)
It is part of the strategic arsenal and well placed for SMR, but I would say it is an exceptionally long hold versus a quick winner.

Soldato
I did well out of RR earlier in the year, but I'm not quite ready to dip back in yet, too much potential bad news this year. If I had cash on hand when they took the big dip last week though I would have made a short term trade.

They are much better placed that any airline to bounce back....no startup is going to just appear and start making jet engines or steal their engineering lunch.

Soldato
Nice final announcement from Firstgroup PLC.

Up 80% since I invested last September and announced 41p per share return of capital to all shareholders (originally slated as 30p per share).... Very nice boost to my SIPP holdings.

Soldato
Good to see RR.L and HMSO starting to come back after the fear that hit the market.

I made a poor play on the Armstrong Flooring Inc, I thought it was fairly undervalued and could be a tiny nice play, they then reported a pretty awful loss per share at their recent financials which has hit me hard, this idiot forgot to set a SL :(

Soldato
FreeTrade are still somewhat in the Unicorn stage, but are IMHO less likely to go bust than Trading 212 (who were funding the invest side through the CFDs, but have been closed to new signups for months, and look to me to be in trouble via tighter regulation on the CFD end)

Freetrade costs:
They have a £10 monthly sub for access to anything below FTSE350 and US mid-caps, plus some ETFs.
There's also a 0.45% FX fee.
https://freetrade.io/plus

I wouldn't put anything more than the FSCS limit in either, but am considerably more comfortable with FreeTrade.

Disclaimer:
I've got a decent lump in FreeTrade. Have also tried Trading 212, but got out ages ago.

Soldato
What are the down sides to using something like trading 212 or freetrade?

T212 has limitations for small fry investors mainly there's no option for limit orders for anything less than £100 so you're stuck with market buy/sell which is obviously in their favour, it also means you can't stagger DCA/reverse say £500 in £50 increments you would have to do 5 x £100 increments... There's also a fx conversion fee if you're buying US stocks, you also can't do limits for fractional shares regardless if you cross the £100 threshold

I just use it for my pies

Back
Top Bottom