What AIO to cool 3960x?

Soldato
My 3700x cooled with a Kraken X73 never goes above 55c gaming with cpu overclocked on all cores on quiet fans...even in the 33c heatwave it didn't.

Associate
There isn't a current AIO that has a cold plate that covers the DIE of threadripper properly. Best looking at a decent air cooler

edit - there is one called the silverstone icegem 360.

Last edited:
Soldato
As title im struggling along on a h100i v2 and would like something a bit more beefy.

As Ross mentioned, almost all AIO's are not designed for threadripper so the temps won't be good.

You'll either want to use a custom loop with a proper threadripper block or otherwise get an air cooler designed for threadripper like this https://www.icegiantcooling.com/product-page/prosiphon-elite-1

As you can see below, the ice giant destroys the corsair AIO on threadripper cooling

image sharing sites

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Argh I cant be bothered to do a loop and want the convenience of an aio... Would this one not do a better job than my h100i? If so I can stick the h100 on my 3600x rig. I also dont want a massive air cooler. I havent used air coolers in years and dont fancy one now.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £140.45 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Man of Honour
OP
you could probably build a small loop for not much more than 140 TBH.

I have all the stuff to build the loop bar a block. Its literally sitting in a box but I need a machine I don't need to drain every 5 mins. I'll likely upgrade the cpu in around 8 to 10 weeks to a 5000 series. I mean id rather water but realistically I want as close to zero maintenance as possible. I think ill just buy the 360 and perhaps throw water at it after 5000 series comes out.

I do have a water cooled (hard line) ryzen 3600 / radeon 7 system, this is how I know I cant be bothered :) This is it with the old RX card in it...

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/33528851/

I get TR has a pretty small market but some decent TR aio's or at least an option thats actually half decent would be nice.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Silverstone do the IceGem 360. There are smaller models too. I've not used it myself.

Cheers dude that might well do the job.

I stand corrected.

Well im going to buy it tonight, cant find a review on its performance with a threadripper so I guess ill just have to give it a go and see. Looks like it will be a very tight squeeze in my case and will have to be mounted at the front.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom