• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card to fit this...

Soldato
Hi,

Work were throwing away old PCs and I nabbed this i5-4460S desktop with 8GB RAM.

I want to set it up for my niece so she can play Fortnite and Genshin Impact. What GPU can fit in that area?

VssjX84.jpg

Minimum requirement for Genshin Impact:

• Operational system: 7-bit Windows 8, 10, or 64
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 or similar (minimum), Intel Core i7 or similar (recommended)
  • Memory: 30 GB of disk space, 8 GB of RAM (minimum) or 16 GB of RAM (recommended)
  • Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT 1030 (minimum), GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or higher (recommended)
She'll be playing on a 1080P monitor

Thanks

Man of Honour
Looks like you're not going to fit anything longer than the slot and if it can't take a PSU it'd be something like RX 550, 560 or 1050, 1650.

Soldato
Assuming that's an old dell/HP/lenovo etc system, I'd check the specs for the pcie power as a lot of them do not output enough power to run gpus, even ones that have pcie power from the psu rely on motherboard power still.

Soldato
OP
Assuming that's an old dell/HP/lenovo etc system, I'd check the specs for the pcie power as a lot of them do not output enough power to run gpus, even ones that have pcie power from the psu rely on motherboard power still.

Thanks... How do I go about checking that?

Soldato
If its a bog standard work desktop it will be small form factor. So it will only take half height PCIE cards and SFF PC's dont come with a PCIE power connector.
So you are pretty much limited as half height cards are scarce at the moment. I managed to get a gigabyte 750ti half height GPU in one running fine but ideally need to confirm make of the computer as
I bet its SFF.

Caporegime
If its a bog standard work desktop it will be small form factor. So it will only take half height PCIE cards and SFF PC's dont come with a PCIE power connector.
So you are pretty much limited as half height cards are scarce at the moment. I managed to get a gigabyte 750ti half height GPU in one running fine but ideally need to confirm make of the computer as
I bet its SFF.

Looks like full size cards will fit from the pics.

Soldato
OP
Looks like full size cards will fit from the pics.

An old GTX7XX something just about fits...but there's no GPU power from the PSU.

I'll check the serial number on lenovos website and get the exact model. Its a Thinkcenter E73 I know that much.

Found a thread and this dude managed to squeeze a full fat card in there

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks... How do I go about checking that?

Checking the specs, however I can only find specs for the small form factor system which is 40w, but the full tower system could well be higher than that because I think a GTX760 was an option which is a 60w card.

An old GTX7XX something just about fits...but there's no GPU power from the PSU.

I'll check the serial number on lenovos website and get the exact model. Its a Thinkcenter E73 I know that much.

Found a thread and this dude managed to squeeze a full fat card in there

That card is an RX470

Soldato
OP
Genshin Impact actually runs at the lowest settings. It's locked at 30fps but it's certainly playable. I'm sure a low profile 1050ti will enable her to play it at medium/High settings :)

Soldato
It was difficult to tell from the original picture but you need to check the PCIE power.

The model is on a small label on one corner of the case side usually towards the front.

Back
Top Bottom