• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Graphics card to fit this...

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
It's a E73 Desktop (ThinkCentre) - Type 10DR001EUK

Found this website: https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/so...cations-for-thinkcentre-e73-small-form-factor

Apparently the PCI-E support 40W max GPU. The 1050Ti uses 75W so I'm going to have to replace the PSU aren't I?

Yeah but check the motherboard as a lot of Business desktops are not ATX motherboards so a normal ATX PSU either wont fit or the cables are wrong for the sockets on the motherboard.
Other option is to message the guy of the photo that fitted that discrete card and find out what he did.

Soldato
OP
Yeah but check the motherboard as a lot of Business desktops are not ATX motherboards so a normal ATX PSU either wont fit or the cables are wrong for the sockets on the motherboard.
Other option is to message the guy of the photo that fitted that discrete card and find out what he did.

Thanks will open her up in the morning and see what kind of PSU is in there

Found this card that only has a 30W usage

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-19b-gi.html

Having looked at benchmarks it will run Genshin Impact at 1080p on medium/High settings so I might just go down this route. Otherwise if I wanted a 1050Ti I'd have to get a new psu and it's going to start to cost as much as an XBox Series S!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's a E73 Desktop (ThinkCentre) - Type 10DR001EUK

Found this website: https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/so...cations-for-thinkcentre-e73-small-form-factor

Apparently the PCI-E support 40W max GPU. The 1050Ti uses 75W so I'm going to have to replace the PSU aren't I?
It wouldn't matter even if you replaced the PSU, since this appears to be a slot limit and a 1050 lacks a PCI-E connector so it couldn't draw more from the PSU to compensate.

That spec is for a SFF version though and I think there are two, a regular tower and a compact one (SFF)?

If you buy a GT 1030, make sure it is not a DDR4 version.

Don
Assuming that's an old dell/HP/lenovo etc system, I'd check the specs for the pcie power as a lot of them do not output enough power to run gpus, even ones that have pcie power from the psu rely on motherboard power still.

Looks like a normal mini tower so should be fine. It's normally the SFF versions that have weird 30w limits on the PCI-E slots

Man of Honour
Did you check this? If the motherboard connectors are not standard that psu won't work. From a quick google, it does not have a 20/24 pin.

There appear to be some adapters for 14 to 24 pin available, don't know if they work

Soldato
Did you check this? If the motherboard connectors are not standard that psu won't work. From a quick google, it does not have a 20/24 pin.

There appear to be some adapters for 14 to 24 pin available, don't know if they work

I wouldnt trust them have heard of meltdowns and fires when these are used although could be quality of them/wrong wiring.

Soldato
OP

Im pretty sure they had a third part PSU in one of these thinkcenter E73 to power that GTX960 so I should be alright

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Update... So the GTX960 fits in the case hurrah! But it needs a 6pin molex that the PSU doesn't have.

So I had a look at the cooler master PSU 700W but that has a 24 pin ATX power molex and I need a 14pin for this motherboard. Or am I better of getting another psu thst has the 14pin connection?

Is it safe to get one of those 24pin to 14pin converters or will the mobo blow up? Am I better off getting another PSU with a 14pin connection?

Last edited:
Soldato
Update... So the GTX960 fits in the case hurrah! But it needs a 6pin molex that the PSU doesn't have.
So I had a look at the cooler master PSU 700W but that has a 24 pin ATX power molex and I need a 14pin for this motherboard. Or am I better of getting another psu thst has the 14pin connection?
Is it safe to get one of those 24pin to 14pin converters or will the mobo blow up? Am I better off getting anither

This is the problem with office computers powering a discrete card. This is why we used to get GTX 1650 mini's as they dont need PCIE power.
try doing a google search for this "24Pin to 14pin 14p ATX Power Adapter for Lenovo Q77 B75 A75 Q75 TS140 TS440" might be what you need.

Soldato
OP
This is the problem with office computers powering a discrete card. This is why we used to get GTX 1650 mini's as they dont need PCIE power.
try doing a google search for this "24Pin to 14pin 14p ATX Power Adapter for Lenovo Q77 B75 A75 Q75 TS140 TS440" might be what you need.

That's exactly what I've ordered from the rainforest

Soldato
OP
Update: it's alive! The adaptor worked perfectly :) now I need to wait until she's home as she changed her password and is the only admin so I can't install MSI Afterburner lol

Thank you all for the help and advice. Can't wait to see her reaction when she play Genshin Impact at higher settings

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom