Can't find a distro block....

Associate
So I wanna go full watercooling and have decided on an o11 Dynamic Case but struggling to find a distro block that meets my needs/expectations

I haven't committed to the normal or XL version of the case yet but thinking the XL would prob be the way to go

I wanna use dual 360 rads and have a vertical GPU, also want to have the distro in the front so I can use the 3 fans on the side, also looking for something that's clear rather than frosted

Is there any options for me?

Associate
Pretty sure the EK reflection fits your bill. Not cheap, but then nothing from EK ever is these days.

I would defiitely recommend going with the XL if you want to put 2 rads in and fill the side with fans still, it just makes life easier to cram everything in.

Associate
OP
Pretty sure the EK reflection fits your bill. Not cheap, but then nothing from EK ever is these days.

I would defiitely recommend going with the XL if you want to put 2 rads in and fill the side with fans still, it just makes life easier to cram everything in.

Thanks for the reply, really not a fan of the look of the reflection, would prefer something completely clear...

I've got the non XL with 2 360 rads and vertical GPU but would recommend the XL over non XL.

Thanks, yeh I think the XL would be the better choice

Soldato
Do you have space on the back for a 140 fan? If so looks at Phanteks 140d and I think they make a slightly smaller one too without the bit on the bottom.
Think the XL only boasts a 120mm fan support at the back, the non XL doesn't fit any fan by default.

Associate
If you want rad+fan on the bottom of O11 Dynamic and a vertically mounted gpu then you would end up partially covering the cpu block and ram.

Heres a pic of my current build and you can see that if you move that gpu block up 30mm then you would be hiding a lot that you want to be able to see

https://imgbb.com/5KGgr3g

If you want rad + fans at the bottom with a vertical gpu then get the XL and not the dynamic imo.

I am using the EK side mounted distro plate and it is annoying, should have gone for a front mounted distro plate. No idea what other options there are , i never looked too hard.

Associate
If you want rad+fan on the bottom of O11 Dynamic and a vertically mounted gpu then you would end up partially covering the cpu block and ram.

Heres a pic of my current build and you can see that if you move that gpu block up 30mm then you would be hiding a lot that you want to be able to see

https://imgbb.com/5KGgr3g

If you want rad + fans at the bottom with a vertical gpu then get the XL and not the dynamic imo.

I am using the EK side mounted distro plate and it is annoying, should have gone for a front mounted distro plate. No idea what other options there are , i never looked too hard.

Do you just think it looks too crowded in that space, i thought you might of been able to fit a rad and fan in bottom and top and had a side distro plate as well. What GPU do you have as i have Dynamic O11 and am looking at getting something similar done.

Associate
I think it looks really nice and not too crowded but you would not want to compress the components more because then you would start to hide them behind each other.

It is a Asus TUF RX 6800 underneath the GPU block. It looked huge with the cooler it came with but I think it is a standard width PCB for a modern AIB gpu. If you imagine everything is pushed up another 30mm to also incorporate a 30mm rad you can see it will start to cover the cpu block and hide the components you want to show off. I am using the Lian Li bracket for the O11 dynamic but I had to snap off the bottom piece of metal to move it up a couple of rungs and then I cannot use the bracket that is supposed to screw to the base of the case and I am helping to support the GPU with white erasers (surprisingly effective).
If you used really slim rad and slim fans then it may be ok.

If you want a vertical gpu with a bottom rad+fans then I suggest you use the XL and not the dynamic. The XL is designed with this in mind and it will be so much easier.

Ok just checking some PCB widths on a tech site. The pcb width on this Asus card is 140mm whilst a 3080 FE is only 112 but the Asus 3080 strix is 140mmm so just as wide. If you got an FE card with a gpu block that did not overinflate the width then there may just be room to make it work. Even then the mounting would be an issue and you would have to make up the solution yourself because the side mounting brackets would most likely not work or need to be heavily adapted.

Not sure if OCUK sell them but I got a 15cm Linkup PCIe 4 right angled riser card , the 20 cm riser cable that came with the Lian Li kit was too long even with just fans at the bottom. This is another thing to think about , Linkup do a great selection so just make sure you choose the correct one if you go that way.

Alternate plan for Dynamic with 2 rads and vertical mounted gpu. Rad at top and side with the gpu mounted to base of case , this is how Lian Li designed the case. The routing from top rad to side rad to front distro plate/reservoir would be difficult but I know others have done it. You would not have fans at base of case for airflow and rgb goodness/puke but you would then be using pieces designed and manufactured for the job and not having to jerry rig your build using rubber like I am.

Associate
If you're going for a Vertical GPU mount in the O11 XL I highly recommend the EK-Loop one. It's much more minimalistic than the Lian-Li one and sturdier too in my opinion. Not sure if Overclockers UK sell it though.

Back
Top Bottom