What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)
Old classic from my childhood. Finally understood the storyline. 7.5/10

Brings back memories, its a decent film with some clever sequences. From a box office perspective, I always got the feeling it bombed, shame, as it was ripe for a sequel.

@roge8014 Nice one, thanks mate, I'll try and track down these films as they sound right up my street. :)

Continuing the classic films, watched Hitchcock's Marnie, (1964) when Sean Connery was rising to the peak of Bond; you cannot help but watch the Bond mannerisms creep into this film!

Soldato
Shadow In The Cloud (Prime Video)

https://watch.amazon.co.uk/detail?gti=amzn1.dv.gti.fa20e2fd-ddaf-44fa-a7c0-a06adcf19c6f

Dear god, if you thought The Tomorrow War was bad/stupid then prepare for a whole new level of bad/stupid.

Set in WWII aboard a B17 Flying Fortress you’d think that there isnt much that can go wrong. In fact I won’t review it but just rate it for its very good surround sound effects and that’s all.

Seriously, don’t waste your time and AVOID the trailer which literally spoils the entire film.

1/10

Associate
Almost Famous (2000)

Cameron Crowe's semi autobiographical film of a teenage Rolling Stone magazine journalist, who follows an up and coming band in the 1970's.

This one past me by when it was originally released. In fact I'd never even heard about it until now.

I really enjoyed this one and heartily recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it.

9/10

Thanks! was looking for a good film to watch & like you also missed this the first time round. Long movie @ 2hr 42 mins (apparently the "untitled" directors cut which included 40 mins extra footage) thoroughly enjoyed all of it & great rock & pop soundtrack throughout.

Caporegime
The Accountant 8/10 - Dunno how I missed this when it was first released. Not very often you see Autism in Hollywood, let alone mixed in with action and a bit of Anna Kendrick :) A sequel would be great.

Jungle Cruise 7/10 - Don't understand all the hate. I would put it on par with The Mummy and the 1st Pirates film. Enjoyable in the same way those 2 movies were. Comedy, good action scenes, family friendly and a good cast.
p.s. I'm not 10 years old ;)

rp2000

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Goodfellas.

Not watched in a good few years. Joe Pesci I found annoying this time around for some reason.

Still a solid 8/10

Soldato
Watched that too! Seen it far too many times, bit still love it.

Also started watching the Fear street trilogy, seem pretty decent, missus and I are enjoying them.

It was the first time i'd seen it, it was nothing ground breaking for sure but still endearing, a simple plot with some over the top scenes, simpler times but it made it easy to watch, something that lacks in this day and age where every film has to be ~2 hours of multiple plot lines that add little value. Much rather give this a second viewing than something like John Wick (im not comparing the 2, just an example that came to mind)

Soldato
Wonder Woman 1984 - 3/10

Not sure if I can rate it as I didn't finish watching. I think I stopped when the duo stole a jet from an air force base and Diana somehow made it invisible. I was just bored of the slow pace of the film and it felt so disjointed to me. Even the mall robbery was odd to watch when WW arrived. I really enjoyed the first film too.

I think the most hilarious scenes for me was a WWII pilot somehow knowing how to fly a jet, and when WW lassos two children out of the way of a convoy, the CGI was terrible.

Last edited:
Soldato
Fast 9 - 5/10

It's hard to rate a movie like this... it's a ridiculous movie really. Just silly. Way off the charts. At the same time, you know what it's going to be and just smile along and enjoy it. You could argue it should be 3/10 or that it should be 8/10...

Back
Top Bottom