Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
COOP (ironically) is still lagging behind. I don't think RBS do it either? But the one time I've had to use it, I have my HSBC app which does it. I really should close some of the current accounts that only have a quid in...

Soldato
COOP (ironically) is still lagging behind. I don't think RBS do it either? But the one time I've had to use it, I have my HSBC app which does it. I really should close some of the current accounts that only have a quid in...

Weird, My Natwest one allows it so i'd have assumed RBS would too given they're tend to mirror each other these days in package options etc.

I know FD and Santander allow it too.

Surprised with Monzo though as i thought they were always quick to offer app features. I've not used them though.

Soldato
Weird, My Natwest one allows it so i'd have assumed RBS would too given they're tend to mirror each other these days in package options etc.

I know FD and Santander allow it too.

Surprised with Monzo though as i thought they were always quick to offer app features. I've not used them though.
Ah just spotted it. It has a "new" icon next to it, so must have been a while since I last looked (RBS).

Soldato
I really should close some of the current accounts that only have a quid in...

I've noticed some of the newer players in the banking market have started to pull out, like M&S and Tesco. After that rush to try and tempt everyone to open current accounts, with all the interest and reward offers, the small players have ended up with loads of people like you (and me) who have dormant current accounts that end up costing them money.

I think it said with Tesco, only 13% of their customers used their current account as a main account, and as such the losses in running the bank were mounting up, so they are pulling the plug this November iirc

Last edited:
Soldato
I find it worth it for separating my finances. Sure it would be better if it was free, but I don't mind paying a small amount for the added benefit. You can virtual switch cards between your accounts which is cool.
I can see why some may value it - I am just totally against paying for financial services. I give them more than enough opportunity to monetise 'me' through the data they see, the cash they sit on. This is in the same camp as the "GoHenry" proposition designed to teach kids the value of money, yet costs £3 a month or something :p

Back
Top Bottom