Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I used to use Monzo but then switched to Starling.

I was well impressed witha feature of Starling I#m not sure everyone knows about, I had a royal mail refund cheque for £27, I scanned it in the starling app front and back and they put the money in my account in 2 days!
No way! Did not know this. See it in the app now. Only last week I had to deposit a HMRC cheque (only £20 refund :p) to the Post Office to get put into my Natwest account, but it takes about 2/3 weeks. Will be using Starling from now.

Soldato
ah I got ya, but do you pre-load it then? How does the funds get onto the disposable card? Or do they come out of your main one with them?

Any funds you load into your Revolut account are available to all of the cards on that account. You don't load funds onto a specific account so when you spent the funds it comes out of that pooled total credit.

Permabanned
Any funds you load into your Revolut account are available to all of the cards on that account. You don't load funds onto a specific account so when you spent the funds it comes out of that pooled total credit.

ah! that sounds great, I have revolut just not used it. Just checked it out and virtual cards do sound good. I noticed there is an option for a use once card. Perfect for online e.t.c.

I think this is a step in the right direction for online purchases! Thumbs up to revolut.

Soldato
Yea but then you'd have to bank with NatWest *shudders*
Yeah gotta be at the bottom of the list for me. They signed me up for a solo card in year 7 at school (they attended with application forms) but offered me zilch in the decade I was with them.

COOP FTMFW. I get paid to bank with them, who can beat that?

Soldato
ah! that sounds great, I have revolut just not used it. Just checked it out and virtual cards do sound good. I noticed there is an option for a use once card. Perfect for online e.t.c.

I think this is a step in the right direction for online purchases! Thumbs up to revolut.
Not sure how it works for refunds mind :p

Back
Top Bottom