Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters

fez

fez

Caporegime
Any reason to upgrade this year or should I hold onto my X?

iPhone X users could be in a difficult position this year, if a revised 12s (13) or wait for a 14 is going to be tough.

I was thinking about upgrading from my X this year because I was having a few issues with the X and the battery was largely shot but I took it to a local apple approved shop and got the battery replaced (apparently they replace the mic/ speaker at the same time) and its been perfect ever since.

Unless you really care about the camera or need a feature of the latest and greatest iPhone there still isn't a compelling reason to upgrade from any of the iPhones of the past 4 years. The X is still an amazing phone, I love the size, the shape and the speed of it and I don't worry about breaking it and I pay about £9/month on my contract as I bought it outright for about £550 10 months after it was released. So far its cost me on average about £25/month over the last 3 years for my phone/contract.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
There will most likely be a 13 mini, but the 14 mini is probably in doubt. Instead there will just be a max version and the regular size one

Soldato
There will most likely be a 13 mini, but the 14 mini is probably in doubt. Instead there will just be a max version and the regular size one

The iPhone 89 Mini is definitely in doubt, but the iPhone 42 Pro Maximus Centurius is absolutely cancelled.

Why do people pull these statements out of their rears and post like they're fact?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
The iPhone 89 Mini is definitely in doubt, but the iPhone 42 Pro Maximus Centurius is absolutely cancelled.

Why do people pull these statements out of their rears and post like they're fact?

Its not out my ass, its from reports... The 13 mini was already far into the pipeline to just get cancelled following the poor 12 sales, but with the 14 they've nipped it in the bud.

You come for someone, make sure you dont miss

Soldato
Its not out my ass, its from reports... The 13 mini was already far into the pipeline to just get cancelled following the poor 12 sales, but with the 14 they've nipped it in the bud.

Source? Apple won't make the final decision until they see the sales of any potential iPhone 13 Mini - that's how it works... They don't just make random decisions. I suspect they're aware that the 12 Mini sold less well due to the timing.

Soldato
The 13 mini was already far into the pipeline to just get cancelled following the poor 12 sales, but with the 14 they've nipped it in the bud.

We might both be wrong but I agree with this. The iPhone Mini 13 design didn’t start at the release of the 12 Mini - Apple will have already sunk countless hours into the product by November last year. Maybe they’ll write those hours off, but I doubt the 12 Mini is haemorrhaging the company money even if sales aren’t what they wanted.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Source? Apple won't make the final decision until they see the sales of any potential iPhone 13 Mini - that's how it works... They don't just make random decisions. I suspect they're aware that the 12 Mini sold less well due to the timing.

https://9to5mac.com/2021/04/14/kuo-iphone-14-lineup-in-2022-will-not-include-5-4-inch-mini-size/

Ming Chi Kuo being one of the very few apple leakers that you can actually trust as he's been around for a long time and 95% of the things he says comes true

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
We might both be wrong but I agree with this. The iPhone Mini 13 design didn’t start at the release of the 12 Mini - Apple will have already sunk countless hours into the product by November last year. Maybe they’ll write those hours off, but I doubt the 12 Mini is haemorrhaging the company money even if sales aren’t what they wanted.

Exactly, they dont start designing phones when the current one releases... Most phones are started being designed months and months in advance, even before the ones for the current year are released. Like I already posted though, Kuo is the one who initially said the 14 wont have a mini

Soldato
I agree that prototyping and design will have already been done - but this will partly be done by R&D and Prototyping and then they'll analyse the market etc - they'll have huge amounts of pipelines - look at AirPower, that was a foregone conclusion and marketing was done, it was announced etc and then they axed what it originally was. I'd love to see some stats on what's been through these pipelines before and the general public have never heard about.

An iPhone 14 Mini will probably be in R&D/Prototyping, and they'll probably have an iPhone 15 in there too already, or at least what it will be, but that's not even remotely true to say that there won't be a *insert product here* when the next gen of 13 hasn't even been announced, that's just rumourmongering and wishful thinking which is primarily what all of the leakers do to generate buzz and hype and money.

Kuo has been right a number of times yes, but how much of it is just analysis and trends, how much of it is supplier chain knowledge and how much of it is in fact 'inside information' I read somewhere that his success rate was around 75% that may be right, but it may be wrong, I don't know and don't particularly care either, but suffice it to say, we know that Apple have had a recent crackdown on leaks, so we're assigning values based on previous leaks. What I don't agree with is when people say there's not going to be x product or y product when they realistically don't have a clue.

It still stands that an iPhone 14 Mini in this case won't have a decision made on it I would think until any potential iPhone 13 Mini has been released and the market speaks for itself and they'll see if it's got good ROI.

Soldato
Its not out my ass, its from reports...

The state of that....... :p:p:p

I'm still on an Iphone X. My old man has my old 7+. I actually think the battery in mine is going to die before the 7+ does. Both do a perfectly good job still. With how good modern phones are I think when I do upgrade I'll just stay 1-2 generations behind the bleeding edge to keep costs down.

Soldato
The state of that....... :p:p:p

I'm still on an Iphone X. My old man has my old 7+. I actually think the battery in mine is going to die before the 7+ does. Both do a perfectly good job still. With how good modern phones are I think when I do upgrade I'll just stay 1-2 generations behind the bleeding edge to keep costs down.
That is the clever thing to do and something I vowed to do a few years back. Try and keep the phone I had back then for longer and then skip a generation. Needless to say that didn’t work out as I’m sitting here with a 12 I bought in December :p
Still haven’t figured out how to ignore the itch!

fez

fez

Caporegime
That is the clever thing to do and something I vowed to do a few years back. Try and keep the phone I had back then for longer and then skip a generation. Needless to say that didn’t work out as I’m sitting here with a 12 I bought in December :p
Still haven’t figured out how to ignore the itch!

I think its simply because whenever a mate gets the new iPhone I have a play with it and I never think "wow" this is much better than my X. They haven't realistically changed the design since the X and they haven't added anything I particularly care about. They have improved a few things but not added anything. The 8 -> X was a big jump IMO but since then its been very incremental and when I think about how much that upgrade costs me I just can't see the value. I would rather spend the money on one of my other hobbies.

Soldato
They have improved a few things but not added anything.

A lot of this is down to the maturity of both iOS and Android - you buy a new phone from the same manufacturer and everything you interact with is exactly the same. I can pick up my iPhone 6s and have (more or less) exactly the same experience as I can with my iPhone 12.

fez

fez

Caporegime
A lot of this is down to the maturity of both iOS and Android - you buy a new phone from the same manufacturer and everything you interact with is exactly the same. I can pick up my iPhone 6s and have (more or less) exactly the same experience as I can with my iPhone 12.

Yeah, there isn't really anything new feature wise coming every year. 120hz screen would be nice. USB-C would be nice. Losing the notch would be nice. None of these would persuade me to drop £1000+ to replace a phone that works perfectly and is still super fast.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
Unless you really care about the camera, the rest of the phone is pretty bog standard vs the past models.. Its pretty much identical tbh

Associate
I think its pretty obvious its an 'S' release of the 12. I think the 14 has quite a few things running for it by the rumours but then they are just rumours...

Back
Top Bottom