Fuji X Series

Soldato
I believe what they do is ship it to the UK to themselves then ship it again to the customer - that way they can say it ships from the UK.
That would explain why there is such a delay before the Royal Mail tracking is active.

Not sure I believe anything from Einfini comes from the UK to be honest, certainly not at their prices. Probably just a statement to entice sales.

Just had the email with a picture of the camera and lens about to be packaged up, so random but a nice touch. :p

Caporegime
I believe what they do is ship it to the UK to themselves then ship it again to the customer - that way they can say it ships from the UK.
That would explain why there is such a delay before the Royal Mail tracking is active.

Thats exactly what they do. I'm cool with it for the saving in most cases.

Soldato
You happy with it?

I was looking at the 55-200 but I can get the 70-300 for the same price.
Yep extremely happy. I sold my 55-200 (apprehensively) in anticipation of the 70-300 but I don’t regret it at all. For the same price I’d recommend the 70-300 all day long. It’s every bit as sharp as the 55-200 and significantly sharper beyond 150mm where the 55-200 is known to struggle.
You get the extra 100mm plus the added benefit of teleconverter compatibility. I managed to pick up a 1.4x so I have an effective 420mm lens when needed.
The ONLY reason to logically recommend the 55-200 over the 70-300 (again, assuming money is similar) is for the slightly faster minimum aperture for those that really need it. But then again if you really must have a fast zoom then the 55-200 isn’t your tool anyway.

Soldato
Yep extremely happy. I sold my 55-200 (apprehensively) in anticipation of the 70-300 but I don’t regret it at all. For the same price I’d recommend the 70-300 all day long. It’s every bit as sharp as the 55-200 and significantly sharper beyond 150mm where the 55-200 is known to struggle.
You get the extra 100mm plus the added benefit of teleconverter compatibility. I managed to pick up a 1.4x so I have an effective 420mm lens when needed.
The ONLY reason to logically recommend the 55-200 over the 70-300 (again, assuming money is similar) is for the slightly faster minimum aperture for those that really need it. But then again if you really must have a fast zoom then the 55-200 isn’t your tool anyway.
Cheers, will order the 70-300 when I’m home tomorrow. :)

Still no tracking from Einfin regarding my X-S10, should be tomorrow too.

Associate
Great shots, man , how do do take this with a 23mm lol.

That's my view.

So I was planning to return the X100V, but it so happens that I've misplaced the battery while on holiday so I cannot return it. I'm going to keep it, see how I get on. The photos from holiday were really good.

A few photos. I ended up with 110 keepers. (RIP imgur compression)

VLhldB5.jpg

Soldato
Hey guys, i was hoping someone could help me with something. Ive got a trip to London soon and im thinking about getting the XF27 for my Xt-20 for a very light walk around lens, at the moment i have

XF18-55mm
XC 55-230
Viltrox 85 1.8 (my fav)
Viltrox 33 1.4 (cant get on massively with this one)

Do people recommend it for a nice walk around city lens? the 18-55 is a nice do it all zoom but something about literally being able to the XT-20 in my pocket with the pancake is appealing.

and well im at it here are some of my (not so good shots) for you guys. Most of my pictures are portraits, in the interest of keeping peoples images been posting on the internet ill not post those :p

2020-0302-19362600.jpg

XF 18-55

Viltrox 33mm

XC 50-230

Viltrox 85

XC 50-230

Viltrox 85

Viltrox 85

Viltrox 85

XC 50-230

XC 50-230

Viltrox 85

Viltrox 33

Soldato
The picture of your(?) cat is awesome. Not so much for the cat (they’re not for me :p) but the rendition from the 33mm is superb.

I know what you mean about having a pocketable system but I just never understood the 27mm focal length - for me it’s neither one thing nor the other but it’s purely personal preference. If it was me I’d go with the 18-55 as a walk around do it all lens. That being said I’m going to a two day wedding next weekend and I intend to only bring my 23mm.

If you haven’t already, check out Omar Gonzalez on YouTube - he’s done a few videos on the 27mm, it may help you with your decision.

Soldato
Can't really offer much advice but cracking photos!

Off to a wedding today as a guest with my new Fuji 16mm 1.4. Will be interesting to see the results I get as shot pretty much every friend's wedding in that particular circle (as a guest) with the 23mm F2 and had great results. Just have to remember to stay out the pro's way :p

Soldato
Can't really offer much advice but cracking photos!

Off to a wedding today as a guest with my new Fuji 16mm 1.4. Will be interesting to see the results I get as shot pretty much every friend's wedding in that particular circle (as a guest) with the 23mm F2 and had great results. Just have to remember to stay out the pro's way :p
Looking forward to the results if you’re allowed to share any.
And that sounds like the pro’s problem to me, they’re paid the big bucks to overcome obstacles like fumbling amateurs such as myself :p

Unrelated, I had a couple of freelance jobs this week for first time in goodness knows how long. Gave me an excuse to get my X-T3 out and man is it a good camera, by far the best body I’ve owned. Honestly for the price that used ones go for (circa £600) there’s just nothing else out there IMO that compares.

Back
Top Bottom