Corsair h150i capellix elite - loud at full rpm

Associate
Hey all.

The corsair h150i capellix elite is an excellent cooler but a touch loud at full rpm.

Are there any quieter fans I can use that would give similar cooling performance but are quieter?

Thanks
Steve

Associate
Running mine on balanced and only.rhe pump on quiet mode.
The only audible bit is the pump.
Comparing to the Arctic Freezer II is noisy. Not too bad, but clearer louder. Performance wise is good.
My 5000d's 7 x LL at 40% + the 3 supplied Fans from the capellix, the pump is the noisier bit.
On balanced for fans, usually 500ish rpm idle, up to 900ish after hours playing. Coolant never over 33C.
I'm quite sure the noise you're reporting is the pump. The fans would make noise at full blast, but moving sir kind of noise.

Associate
There isn't much benefit running the fan at max RPMs - check the benchmarks online that show the methodology and the temperature difference

Associate
OP
I have done some more checks on this and as it turns out its the pump that is loud. If I have all the fans running at minimal RPM you can still hear the pump through the case. This is drowned out when fans all spin up higher including the GPU. There are only presets you can use for the pump as well but each one takes pump about the 2200 rpm mark. Is there any way to quiet it off?

Back
Top Bottom