• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
I didn't pay much attention to the Pulse headset when ordering earlier, but it appears to be pretty decent by all accounts.

Soldato
Question re SSD and heatsink.

can I use this one in the PS5 without the inner metal cover? But the plastic cover still go over it? Will it fit?

7uyFE3i.png

Yes. I can confirm it fits without the internal metal cover.

As a side note, I installed the slower Sabrent 2TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (the non-PLUS 4 version). The read specs on this drive are slower than the recommended by Sony, but the drive seems to work fine.

Caporegime
Yes. I can confirm it fits without the internal metal cover.

As a side note, I installed the slower Sabrent 2TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (the non-PLUS 4 version). The read specs on this drive are slower than the recommended by Sony, but the drive seems to work fine.

Thanks, think that is the combo to go for, best cooling. Not bothered about that metal plate.

Soldato
lol, wasn't this the entire point when the specs first came out and people got shouted down for pointing out the difference between the storage solutions of Xbox and PS were pretty moot...
There’s more to SSD speed than loading games, they didn’t test the near seamless rift transitions on rift apart on the slower SSD, I’d be surprised if those weren’t affected.

Soldato
There’s more to SSD speed than loading games, they didn’t test the near seamless rift transitions on rift apart on the slower SSD, I’d be surprised if those weren’t affected.

Yer - but then it wouldn't fit the narrative would it?
All Gen4 drives are expensive and I just don't understand why anyone would attempt to "save a little now" and potentially cripple the performance on their console.
People have waited this long, there is more than likely still 3-4 weeks of beta - so wait a little longer and get something from the "7000" list that offers that same performance as the built-in solution.

Soldato
Wait, so you can now attach one of these pci 4 nvme ssd in our consoles now? i guess we gotta open it up and manually put them in?

No only if your currently testing the beta software will it work and yes pull the cover off the side of the PS5 and there is a place for the NVMe drive to fit.

Soldato
Having grown up waiting 10-15 minutes for a C64 game to load back in the 80's i can happily wait an extra second or 2 for my PS5 to load a game.

Yeah I'm there with you. Though the Atari games were pretty quick to play ;)

C64 days we're painful. All the screeching and epilepsy inducing loading screen only for it to crash with some dust on the tape heads...

Soldato
Yeah I'm there with you. Though the Atari games were pretty quick to play ;)

C64 days we're painful. All the screeching and epilepsy inducing loading screen only for it to crash with some dust on the tape heads...
You actually got your C64 games to load? That was a novelty in itself for me! I swear the game I had, NightBreed(?) never actually loaded to the stage where I could play it!

Back
Top Bottom