FINALLY A DEAL ON GPU'S - IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG (NVIDIA 3060 & 3060Ti) !!

Soldato
Well, the 3060 is not exactly a card that's setting the world alight.

But your post said you're considering the 3060 Ti, which is faster than a 1080 Ti.

My personal opinion is that if you have a 1070 upwards, then it's only worth getting a 3080 or better, unless you really want DLSS or ray tracing now.

I'm running a 1070 at 3440x1440 and it still performs well.

I went for a 3080 at OCUK when they had "RRP" prices, but we all know how that went.

I'll look at the 4 series when they come out, and if they're available and not at unrealistic prices, I'll get one.
The trouble with a 3080 is the prices are still quite high unless you can get an FE version whereas cards like the 3060ti are not too bad, a 3080 AIB will cos over double that of a 3060ti yet your not getting anywhere near double the performance.

Soldato
The trouble with a 3080 is the prices are still quite high unless you can get an FE version whereas cards like the 3060ti are not too bad, a 3080 AIB will cos over double that of a 3060ti yet your not getting anywhere near double the performance.

Exactly, which is why I've given up on the 3 series, and will await the next iteration of Nvidia cards.

I have a Gsync monitor so AMD is out for me.

Soldato
Exactly, which is why I've given up on the 3 series, and will await the next iteration of Nvidia cards.

I have a Gsync monitor so AMD is out for me.
I know what you mean but even if you got a 3060ti for around £450 from OCUK you can sell the 1070 for £200-250 so it's only set you back a couple of hundred for a nice bump in performance and the modern features like RT and DLSS, even if you then upgrade to an RTX4080 in a year or so you won't lose much selling the 3060ti which I'd imagen would still fetch atleast £300

Soldato
I know what you mean but even if you got a 3060ti for around £450 from OCUK you can sell the 1070 for £200-250 so it's only set you back a couple of hundred for a nice bump in performance and the modern features like RT and DLSS, even if you then upgrade to an RTX4080 in a year or so you won't lose much selling the 3060ti which I'd imagen would still fetch atleast £300

It's something I considered when Gibbo posted the recent deal.

If my 1070 was struggling I may have gone for it.

After weighing things up, I decided against it, being only an 8GB card was a major drawback.

Soldato
Well, the 3060 is not exactly a card that's setting the world alight.

But your post said you're considering the 3060 Ti, which is faster than a 1080 Ti.

My personal opinion is that if you have a 1070 upwards, then it's only worth getting a 3080 or better, unless you really want DLSS or ray tracing now.

I'm running a 1070 at 3440x1440 and it still performs well.

I went for a 3080 at OCUK when they had "RRP" prices, but we all know how that went.

I'll look at the 4 series when they come out, and if they're available and not at unrealistic prices, I'll get one.
You are right, I did say that. :p It was just a bit strange to see the 1080Ti suddenly do better then the 3060 in the last couple games, that's why I made a remark about it.

It's for my second machine so only reason I am thinking of a 3060Ti is because the price is not TO step and just wanting to have a look at DLSS, since I do have Control but not played it yet. So might play it mostly on my AMD card but compare it with the 3060Ti using the DLSS, to see if me personally can see any difference. And since I don't live in UK I wont be able to get any of Gibbo's deals, so the pricing over here is slightly nuts for the 3080 cards as it is everywhere I'm guessing. but the 3060Ti is slightly better, although not as good as Gibbo's deals, even if including the postage to here.

Thanks for the video once again though, much appreciated ! :cool:

Caporegime
1080 gtx is a bit quicker than the 3060 gtx in games over all. its why 1080 gtx hold decent prices. a 2060 is literally the same performance. 3060ti is quite a lot faster so unless on a old mega slow card the 3060ti is what you should be looking at or above unless its budget related.

Soldato
Still using a 1070ti here, I'd like to upgrade but the cards I'd like are still a good couple of hundred pounds more than I'm prepared to pay.
That’s it. I need to upgrade/change from a dying 970 GTX.

I would pay ~275-300 for a new 2060 at the minute or whatever the RRP is for a 1660 or 1660Ti as I don’t need more performance.

When I see the 3060 are selling at £360 if you preorder why would I pay that or more for one of these lower spec cards.

Im not spending £200-300 on a used card with no warranty.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi Gibbo, do you know when the first batch of Inno3D 3060Tis are expected to arrive?

They have shipped and are with the forwarder as such they are due any day now, but on these large container shipments we don't have firm ETA's simply as there is too many variables. But they should in theory be here before the 13th August which was proposed delivery date or earlier. :)

Associate
Th
They have shipped and are with the forwarder as such they are due any day now, but on these large container shipments we don't have firm ETA's simply as there is too many variables. But they should in theory be here before the 13th August which was proposed delivery date or earlier. :)

That's great, thanks for the reply. Have a great weekend! :)

Associate
Great to see OCUK getting good deals on GPUs in todays market.
Has anybody preordered to Ireland, what are the charges when it comes into Ireland, just 23% VAT?

Another question, what are your thoughts on the Zotac cards regarding these noise and temps posts on reddit? Is it actually an issue or just minor complaints?

Associate
Another question, what are your thoughts on the Zotac cards regarding these noise and temps posts on reddit? Is it actually an issue or just minor complaints?

The noise on mine is noticeable at full pelt, but not horrific. I'll have a fettle with the fan curves in EVGA Precision X1 over the next few days.

I've got an Arctic Accelero IV (aftermarket heatsink & cooler) which I've used successfully on a variety of cards to massively drop temps and noise. It's fantastic. I'm tempted to stick it on this Zotac 3060Ti, if it'll fit.

I tested a 3060Ti Founders Edition a few months ago and it had much better temps & noise than the Zotac. Makes you wonder WTF you're paying extra for.

Last edited:
Associate
Great to see OCUK getting good deals on GPUs in todays market.
Has anybody preordered to Ireland, what are the charges when it comes into Ireland, just 23% VAT?

I preordered to Ireland, only the regular 23% Irish Tax as PC Parts are Tax Exempt

Back
Top Bottom