• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

RX 6600XT 1080p gaming for $379 on Aug 11

Soldato
The most disappointing thing as others have pointed out is its looking like really weak die's of this new gen but they lack enough meat to beat the previous gen. Then as the final kick in the nads, its likely going to be more expensive that the 5600XT you could/did buy last year for £250.
Yeah the 6600XT going to be around £400 yet the 5700XT which is slightly faster could be brought 2 years ago for £350-400.

Gpus must be the only product where performance goes backwards yet people are happy to buy, imagine Sony released a ps5 which was slower than a ps4 but cost more, people would be up in arms.

Soldato
Exactly that. I was thinking of it in a progression context. Like: Hmm I have had this 5600XT a couple of years now, I think I will upgrade...

Goes to retail sites for what he/she can buy for £300... Oh look, an inferior card to what I have for an extra £100 more than I paid for my whaa..
I don't even know why AMD bothered with this card since they could have just kept the 5700XT in production and saved on the RnD costs.

Soldato
It seems that some posters here havent actually compared a 6700xt to a 5700xt, and just base opinion on rumours and guesswork the 6600 will be slower than a 5600
It will obviously be faster than a 5600XT but it also costs £150 more so it's better to compare to the 5700XT which sold for a similar price as the 6600XT will and when compared to that its actually slower so for AMD Gpus the £350-400 price point we have a performance regression.

Associate
I can see it being faster than the 5700XT at 1080p but expect it to lose ground at 4k. Not sure about 1440p.

Depending on what it actually comes in at and stock levels I might pick one up.

Associate
Sorry to bother, is there a time for the 6600 XT to be released on 11aug?

Best off contacting shops directly. I can only guess stock allocation isn't set in stone, so it may well be a case of F5ing every store if this is a card you must have.

I'm excited for this card, just because i'm interested in seeing price, performance and how quick it sells out. Also if we have any idea how many get produced.

Associate
Best off contacting shops directly. I can only guess stock allocation isn't set in stone, so it may well be a case of F5ing every store if this is a card you must have.

I'm excited for this card, just because i'm interested in seeing price, performance and how quick it sells out. Also if we have any idea how many get produced.
Same since i have 1060, i am tired of setting everything on low to achieve 60 fps, everybody is complaining about the price but i think during this situation, nobody would be able to get one if it got cheaper.

OcUK Staff
I can see it being faster than the 5700XT at 1080p but expect it to lose ground at 4k. Not sure about 1440p.

Depending on what it actually comes in at and stock levels I might pick one up.

Done some testing today and can’t reveal numbers but it’s actually a very capable 1440P cards which surprised us as we were thinking 1080P but it’s perfectly capable at 1440P too. :)

Launch is 11th abs got plenty of them trying to get price closer to the AMD reference price but of course our stock is custom AIB cards which cost more.

Associate
Done some testing today and can’t reveal numbers but it’s actually a very capable 1440P cards which surprised us as we were thinking 1080P but it’s perfectly capable at 1440P too. :)

Launch is 11th abs got plenty of them trying to get price closer to the AMD reference price but of course our stock is custom AIB cards which cost more.

Sounds promising. Need to check power numbers too as I only have a 450W Seasonic G-Series and don't want to push it too much but CPU currently is a 2200G so I think it should be okay.

OcUK Staff
Sounds promising. Need to check power numbers too as I only have a 450W Seasonic G-Series and don't want to push it too much but CPU currently is a 2200G so I think it should be okay.

Official is 500W minimum but that will be peak and Seasonic make amazing PSU so 450W should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom