Do we want to beat the Germans or what????

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by si_sleaf
I've posted a thread in the TKC forums but I suppose I can put it in here as well, might get an answer a bit quick :)

Any ideas people?

I suppose you can just zip the directory and move it to another system. It doesn't appear to install anything. Not sure where it stores the keypress info though.

Man of Honour
OP
Re: I thought I'd sorted it.....

Originally posted by piggott
What is there that could be preventing TKC logging keypresses? Pulse only stopped working when I installed SP2 for XP, if that's any use but apart from that I can't think what it would be, and I would really like to get it working.

Not sure. Possibly some funky new SP2 security preventing it from hooking into the API? Worth posting on their forums and asking :)

Associate
It's fixed now...:D

The problem wasn't SP-2, but another program that I had installed when I reformatted.
The program in question was doing nothing bad, because it's called Steganos Security Suite :rolleyes: . I got it from a cover CD of some carpy PC mag a few years ago and found the CD when I was looking for my XP CD, hence why I installed it (the program itself is still good)

Soldato
Originally posted by TheBeansprout
I suppose you can just zip the directory and move it to another system. It doesn't appear to install anything. Not sure where it stores the keypress info though.

Yes, this works ok. I've installed it on one of the computers at work that doesn't go through the proxy too so I just copied the directory to a usb drive and transferred the files from the restricted machine over to the unrestricted machine and transmitted them from there ok.

Now what I need is some kind of utility to launch the keystroke.exe as soon as I plug the usb drive into whatever machine I am using. I've found out that XP doesn't support autorun.inf files from removeable drives AT ALL and the only other ways I have found so far require having a program installed on the main computer as well as a file on the usb drive. Would it be possible to bypass this at all? I want it to launch from the usb drive independent of the system I plug it into.

Any ideas? Could I write something myself do you think? Somehow change the default action for plugging in usb drives?

Man of Honour
Any ideas people?
Yes - take the keycount.ini file with you. I happened to do it by accident and it seems to work, although I didn't submit the resulting stats (that would have been cheating).

Yup, that opens the door to cheating unfortunately. Just hope the TKC people are policing the stats.

Soldato
Originally posted by Berserker
Yes - take the keycount.ini file with you. I happened to do it by accident and it seems to work, although I didn't submit the resulting stats (that would have been cheating).

Yup, that opens the door to cheating unfortunately. Just hope the TKC people are policing the stats.

Rather than taking the keycount.ini I'm just keeping the program folder on my usb flash drive and running it from there. It would be nice if I could just plug it in and it started running the program from the pen drive:(

It does look like the TKC forum admin is policing the stats and keeping his eye out for people that might be cheating . It seems to be done by other users checking the stats of people and submitting reports to him in this thread.

Associate
Just joined up to help the cause. One question though - How do you autostart it. Is it possible to install as a service as that will then count my keystrokes as I logon as well. If not I'll just stick it in the run key in the registry

Soldato
Originally posted by chrislip
Just joined up to help the cause. One question though - How do you autostart it. Is it possible to install as a service as that will then count my keystrokes as I logon as well. If not I'll just stick it in the run key in the registry

You could just stick a shortcut to the .exe file in your startup folder:)

**edit**

Ah, I see what you mean now I read that again. You want to log keystrokes on the login screen, I thought you just wanted the program to start as you load into Windows.

Last edited:
Soldato
We are moving up slowly s'ah, you are correct. I anticipate I shall have the dominance of the OcUK clickety-click team by the end of the year:D I've installed it on a few of the machines in my office at work which get used throughout the day:cool:

Get typing you crazy fools!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
We are moving up slowly s'ah, you are correct. I anticipate I shall have the dominance of the OcUK clickety-click team by the end of the year:D I've installed it on a few of the machines in my office at work which get used throughout the day:cool:

Get typing you crazy fools!

Ah but surely that is cheating. You can only use it for your own account, on machines that are used by you, not somebody else. To do an office, you should be running your own team :confused:

Meanwhile I thought I'd throw my few scrolls into the fray. Sorry to all those left in my wake :p

Soldato
Originally posted by MGP
Ah but surely that is cheating. You can only use it for your own account, on machines that are used by you, not somebody else. To do an office, you should be running your own team :confused:

Meanwhile I thought I'd throw my few scrolls into the fray. Sorry to all those left in my wake :p

These are all machines that get used by me as I move around the office, I want to make every keystroke count so I have put it on one of the servers at work that I use the most and on the three computers in the office that I use as well as my two machines at home. I must spend about 12-14 hours a day in front of a computer either at work or at home:(

Soldato
Originally posted by MGP
I think the answer to that is "get a life" :D

My life is at the weekend:D

If I really wanted to cheat I'd go around the 300+ computers we have in the college and install it on all of those too instead of just the computers I use each day:p

Associate
I would sign up, but for some reason the website doesn't work for me :(

All I get is a long load, then just comes up with "Cannot find server". I've tried a proxy near me aswell, which hasn't worked either.

Is the website down or is it just me? :confused:

Man of Honour
OP
If I really wanted to cheat I'd go around the 300+ computers we have in the college and install it on all of those too instead of just the computers I use each day:p

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to create 300 separate accounts and install it to each PC using each account.

But that depends on not how sad you are - but how dedicated you are - honest!:p

Edit: The site's timing out for me too :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom