Linux Boinc 4.19 (2005-01-27) Optimised Clients Avaliable

Soldato
*sigh* Suse 9.1 pro won't run those (can't get GCC to successfully upgrade manually, and its not on updates list), I have to keep compiling my own. Guess its probably about time I rolled out a new one.

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Berserker
You could upload it to the Team OcUK webspace (details in the Don's Room I think). :)

Or just point me at it and I'll upload.
It's not in any of the stickies and the search is down currently. If you could grab the three clients on my page then i can delete them and upload the prescott client? :)

Soldato
/n00b mode on
Does this mean that if I replace the original file with the optimised file my A64 crunches the WU's ~13% faster :confused:
And can I just stop Boinc, replace the original file with the optimised one and restart Boinc?
/n00b mode off :o

Soldato
Originally posted by Dutch Guy
/n00b mode on
Does this mean that if I replace the original file with the optimised file my A64 crunches the WU's ~13% faster :confused:
And can I just stop Boinc, replace the original file with the optimised one and restart Boinc?
/n00b mode off :o

Basically yes.

The main advantage of the optimised clients is that they claim more credit than the standard one :)

Dunc

Man of Honour
OP
Originally posted by Dutch Guy
Thanks for the honour sir ;) (am I really the only person :( )

But as there is some optimising possible in Linux, does that mean that it is (theoretically) possible to optimize the Windows and other clients?
No, proberbly not the only person. Yes it's possible to optimise the windows client also I was meaning to get around to it at some point here is some discussion on it previously :)

Soldato
Installed the xp client on one of my boxes. Got an increase on the benchmark from the previous optimised client (from Ned) that I was running :)

Good work Sah :cool:

Dunc

Back
Top Bottom