Poll: The Great OcUK Distro/Derivative Poll III

What are your favourite distrobutions or UNIX derivatives?

• Red Hat

Votes: 160 40.7%
  • Mandrake

Votes: 104 26.5%
  • Suse

Votes: 66 16.8%
  • Debian

Votes: 39 9.9%
  • Gentoo

Votes: 66 16.8%
  • Slackware

Votes: 60 15.3%
  • LFS

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • Other UNIX (Solaris, IRIX etc)

Votes: 25 6.4%
  • Other, please specifiy

Votes: 21 5.3%

• Total voters

Arc

Arc

Associate
Voted Red Hat as I run that at the moment and Debian, going to get that setup when I figure out what I'm doing with my machines :).

Permabanned
Gentoo, LFS (yes, I started my system last night), FreeBSD (on my server at the moment, dont know if I'll keep it), Other UNIX (helping with a Compaq Tru64 UNIX machine), and Other (my OS, has a bootloader and thought I'd represent myself).

Yoss, I just got a list of www.distrowatch.com and then cut out the ones that I didnt think were relevant. Good job I only left Peanut in by accident, I did read over the mail, and one of the others that snuck away was Red Flag Linux, communist Linux :eek:

Shak

sik

sik

Permabanned
SuSE, Gentoo.

But i'm using windows at the moment becuase of some nice companies that don't want to port their software to work with nix's. They are b**tards in my opinion. :)

Soldato
ever had that feeling as you press the submitt vote button that the note below that reads you can select more than one option is relavent?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mr don sir, free sticky bun and tea if you can add an 'other' (smoothwall) and a red hat option to my Solaris vote.

Cheers

HT

EDIT:

steaming_cup_of_tea_sm_wht.gif
img_french.jpg

Last edited:
Permabanned
Originally posted by Yossarian
Done that :)

If i dont like the way the vote is going i'll start cheating, so vote debian
Oi! No fixing the vote! Nice to see you in here Yoss :p

Actually, we're showing a nice range of users in here :) This is always good :) means we have a nice knowledge base.

Yoss, can you mail me the previous stickies as I'd like to re-vamp them and then re-post them :p

Shak

Permabanned
Hmm, reminder on your forehead is no good, you wont be able to see it, tatooed to your eyelids or on one of your many Palms would be a better idea :p

Did I tell you I found a Psion and so Ill be installing PsiLinux soon!

Shak

Ben

Ben

Associate
Good ol' Slack and Smoothie (other) :)

Tried to get Debian running, but it wouldn't have my raid controller, so gave up and stayed with Slack. :)

Got Smoothie 2.0b2 Bullet, which has been up for nearly a month now (since the day I installed it)

Gentoo? on 64K ISDN? you crazy? :)

Soldato
Although Im currently running Mandrake 9.0 I do prefer the Redhat interface I found it was easier to see wot was going on, however I struggled to get it working fully. Where as with Mandrake it just gets on with it and works straight away but I find it harder to change things manually. Also me Seti times seem slower than when I was running RH.

Therefore I voted for both:D

Back
Top Bottom