Paying for TV License

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiG

DiG

Associate
DD, though its really really easy to forget and then panic when you sudenly have less money than you think you should

Soldato
I pay by DD, due to renting. Means I have control, and can cancel the DD whenever I want.

Paying in whole would then require asking for a re-imbursement.

Man of Honour
I try and pay things by lump sum all though i messed upinsurance this year :( so had 2 pay in 4 lumps. Just means less monthly bills to worry if i have enough money.

Associate
Originally posted by wyrdo
Can't recall if you get a slight discount for paying by DD.
I think you end up paying slightly more by DD - rather than all at once.

Originally posted by wonder_lander
I pay quarterly in arrears which is a pain as you have to pay about 4 months if I want to switch to monthly DD's
I'm sure that my quarterly DD is in advance - and that I pay more per year than I would do if I paid it all at once.

Man of Honour
Oops, thanks for the reminder. Moved to a new pad but haven't bought one yet. I did attempt to do it online a few weeks ago but it all went a bit breats up, will try again tomorrow.

Associate
I have a TV, but I only ever use it for playing on the Gamecube or watching DVDs. I don't have an aerial lead(although there is an aerial socket in my room(at uni)) and it's not tuned in.

Would I have anything to worry about if a TV Inspector came round? Do I need to pay for a license?

Permabanned
Originally posted by SamHandwich
I have a TV, but I only ever use it for playing on the Gamecube or watching DVDs. I don't have an aerial lead(although there is an aerial socket in my room(at uni)) and it's not tuned in.

Would I have anything to worry about if a TV Inspector came round? Do I need to pay for a license?

No you don't need a licence but it would be advisable to write to the TV licensing authorities and inform them :)

You may still get a visit but just show him the TV and he should go away happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom