Welcome to the Fold Berserker

Man of Honour
That's OK. I have a Dual Xeon with 1 Gig taking the strain. Will have to go back to BOINC for a little while at some point to clear the SETI cache though.

Then it's folding at least until I get around to the long-awaited OS reinstall.

Soldato
diogenese said:
Was that four instances on one rig then:eek: How long did it take to munch through that lot!

My OC'd XP2500 takes 3 days to do one of them

Have you got another four on the way?

It's a Hyper Threading CPU so you can run two clients per phisical CPU. Each CPU can complete two units in about 133% of the time taken to complete one unit.

3 days seems like quite a long time for a 600 pointer on that rig? Have you got plenty of memory or do yo use the PC for other (less important) things?

HT

Soldato
OP
happytechie said:
3 days seems like quite a long time for a 600 pointer on that rig? Have you got plenty of memory or do yo use the PC for other (less important) things?

HT

XP2500 at 3200 speed, 512 meg, system disk is a crappy old 10gig deathstar, the last of a batch of four I had. It does nothing else most of the time apart from some video work, VHS to DVD, but that is only very occasionally.

Its just got another one. running for 8 hours now and FaHMon reckons on another 2d 13h 12m.

Matty

Soldato
my XP1700@2200MHz (11x200) averaged about 63hrs for most from my EMIII records

so that's 2d 15h total which does seem a bit quicker than you're getting, this is also my main rig that i actually use :confused:

this rig does seem to love the work though, Boinc benches it as just over 5,000 mips on a good day :)

Associate
Berserker - great stuff - sounds like I might need to increase my output!!!

Bring it on :D

Shaun

diogenese - can you post part of the log - I will have a look at mine - I have 3 2500+ running at 3200 speed and I thought I was getting the large 600 pointers done is 2 days???

Shaun

Back
Top Bottom