Poll: Who will you be voting for on May 5th?

Which political party will you vote for?

• Liberal Democrats

Votes: 187 20.5%
  • Conservative

Votes: 311 34.1%
  • Labour

Votes: 161 17.6%
  • Regional Party (Plaid Cymru, SNP, etc.)

Votes: 23 2.5%
  • Issues Party (BNP, Greens, UKIP)

Votes: 45 4.9%
  • Independent candidate

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • Abstaining from voting

Votes: 107 11.7%
  • Not eligible for voting

Votes: 74 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Right, it's Miller time!

We have a good cross section of political opinion here on the OCUK Forums and although there have been related topics raised (mainly in SC), none have really put a figure on how we will be voting on May 5th. I think many people believe this will be a close election, so it will be interesting to have a look at the figures for who will be voting for who and see if we think it will be close!

Dons, can I get a vote pleeeease?

Oh yeah, if you're not eligable to vote then hands off! ;)

Associate
although i am eligible, i will not be voting.
I dont think any of the parties really deserve to win, and that in any case we are just voting for the best of a bad bunch - not the way it should be.

Suspended
I won't be voting for anyone.

I accept the ramifications of this, so no-one needs to point that out to me. Unfortunately, I am utterly disenfranchised with Politics and cannot put any faith or trust in any of the parties :(

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Lib Dem.

The Mad Rapper said:
I won't be voting for anyone.

I accept the ramifications of this, so no-one needs to point that out to me. Unfortunately, I am utterly disenfranchised with Politics and cannot put any faith or trust in any of the parties :(

Disenfranchised? I don't think so. Disenchanted, maybe. :)

Associate
Like the advert says, "If you don't do politics you don't do anything" :p

As for me, I would vote Labour (but I'm two months two young :( ), aslong as Tony is staying as PM.

Tories are far too old fashioned for me. Lib Dem maybe a good thing (not quite sure about their views on things tbh) but the chances of them getting in make it almost a wasted vote.

And if Gordon Brown takes over Labour then they've lost my vote :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Liberal Democrat, I figure if everyone stops thinking of it as a wasted vote and still voted for them they might actually get somewhere.

Soldato
No matter who you vote for, the damned Govt. always gets in :(

Actually, it is a true shame that a 'No Confidence in any' or 'None of the above' Vote is not available in the UK, that would be awesome! I read somewhere they have this option in Australia when voting though?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Conservative.

(I would ideally like to vote UKIP but it is far more important to get the current bunch of muppets out)

Associate
It comes across as a cliche but people fought hard to get the vote, i've been slack in recent years with a stupid passe attitude. I'll be voting this year and i'll pick whichever MP will do the most for my area.

Associate
This will be my first general election I can vote in but I'll be away at university, do any of you know how I go about getting a postal vote or does it change from place to place?

Caporegime
Wont be voting as far as im concerned, to me they are all the same. Make stupid promises but still do what they want to do at the end of the day. If i was forced then i would have to vote conservative even though ive never liked them but thats only if someone put a gun to my head. But nope i wont be wasting my time or effort to vote, i have much better things to do than to trudge off to the voting stations :p:D

Soldato
I will be voting, I'm not telling anyone who I'm voting for, and I think its a kinda rude question to ask, seen as its private!

I also think that its disrespectful not to vote, thousands of people have died just so that we can have a democracy and so that we can have the right to vote. I'm going to make use of it!

Greg

Soldato
MoLt3h said:
Lib Dem maybe a good thing (not quite sure about their views on things tbh) but the chances of them getting in make it almost a wasted vote.
Being as we dont have a proportional representation setup all you really need be concerned with when thinking about your vote is the constituency you live in. For example where I live at the last election the vote breakdown was 41% lib dem, 34% conservative and 22% labour.
Also the candidate the lib dems are putting forward actually seems to be a decent guy and has been involved in the area while being an MEP (Chris Huhne). In this case a lib dem vote would not be a wasted one as the chances are they'll win again.

Personally i am undecided, where I agree with the lib dems I agree quite strongly , but at the same time where I dont, I really dont. Overall the conservatives are probably most closely aligned as a whole, but like I said you dont need to consider the bigger picture here, just your local one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom