Sven resigns!!!

Man of Honour
I wish he would

the guy has done little for the english game and the recnet results have proven it

If he were English he would have been sacked a long time ago.

Soldato
Originally posted by memphisto
If he were English he would have been sacked a long time ago.

Sad but true. Imo you can hardly blame him when he gets so much hassle from the club managers resulting in him having partial squads & not having them train together as a TEAM. Yesterdays result really proves that footy is a team game & considering that fact no one should really be surprised by the result.

When he took over though how many games unbeaten was it? Quite a few iirc.

Soldato
OP
Next job I get I'm going to declare a longterm plan, just so I can do jack for a few years without fear or reprisal. Sven has the team playing in a neither attacking nor defensive manner, he's got players getting automatic places when they should have been dropped ages ago, players playing where they NEVER play for their clubs. He simply doesn't know what hes doing :mad:

Soldato
It was the first time the squad had been together for 4 months, Im not sure how anyone could have done a good job with that kind of gap.

And yet people moan we still have too many friendlies, I reckon we have nowhere near enough.

We do have to try and reduce the number of games that players have to perform in, but Im not sure if anyone can work out a good way of doing it. We cant reduce the number of teams in the Premier League and I dont think we can just drop a cup.

Associate
:mad: :D

I think he needs to go to be honest.

I get sick and tired of this constant need to blood about 17 new players very game :rolleyes:

And lets face it, since he's been in charge, we've play decent for about two games (Germany and Argentina)

We have the potential of a very good side, be he's done nothing that I can think of towards realising it.

Soldato
actually u were rubbish against argentina as well, u played well first half and had 10 man defense after 60 mins in that match :p

I think you people are overreacting, i know it against bitter rivals but they had like 1 or 2 day together. You cant say it was all his fault. I dont rate him as an england manager either but he has to get decent time to prepare for matches

France lost as well but we all know that they gonna run riot on everyone come euro 2004 and i dont see anyone apart from them winning it

Soldato
He should never have been appointed as our manager, I have said it from the start. Our so-called good performance in the world cup, wasnt really that good was it. We beat no one good.

If you think the premiership is supposed to be the greatest league in the world, and football was invented in this country why oh why are we so crap.

Sven is no longer loyal to England, it is time for him to go.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Jazz
France lost as well but we all know that they gonna run riot on everyone come euro 2004 and i dont see anyone apart from them winning it
They'll be out first round, second failing that.

We need to overthrow the FA basically, they're a bunch of morons. Whoever coaches England nds up playing players out of position and using ambiguous tactics (if any). The FA can't handle the Premiership let alone international stuff, and just look at that expensive new stadium they're building away from all the supporters :rolleyes::mad:

Permabanned
Come of it lads, sven aint that bad, 1/4 og the wc, weve beaten voodoo`s of argentina and germany, blame messrs fergi and whinger who wont let us have the full game with the players. and lets face it who we gonna get in? keegan did faf all, and he was the peoples choice at the time, hoddle b4 him? not much better tbh, only sir bobby has been any good, people always get all romantic on el tel, but can u honestly tell me we played any better footy with him? the results werent much diff.

Lets face it the players we have, have got the potential, we just need to stick for a few yrs, and not just keep changing things everytime we get a bad result

Soldato
Originally posted by Clerkin
Our so-called good performance in the world cup, wasnt really that good was it. We beat no one good.

I agree with that, my mate also supports england was going on about how great they were and i was trying to tell him that england were poor for most matches but only when u got knocked out he realised that.

It was funny on the tv hearing people hype england up as if they were brilliant coz they werent, it was like liverpool at the start of the season they were poor but scraping wins and they were being hyped again u could see they were rubbish

silverpaw they will win it they went into the wc thinking they had won it they have learned their lesson now

maybe let sven go to barca and bring in capello?

Soldato
Originally posted by wohoo
Come of it lads, sven aint that bad, 1/4 og the wc, weve beaten voodoo`s of argentina and germany, blame messrs fergi and whinger who wont let us have the full game with the players. and lets face it who we gonna get in?

On Saturday fergie and wenger got one of the biggest matches all season why do u think they should give a toss about a friendly. They pay the players to perform esp in the big matches and on Sat it is a HUGE match. Look at arsenal and man utds fixture list

Arsenal

Newcastle
{england friendlie}
Man utd
Ajax

Man utd

Man city
{England friendly}
Arsenal
Juve

Their players gotta play after 3 days after a pointless international why on hell would they want to let their players go, those 2 matches after are far more important than friendly matches mate

You fluked it in the WC why cant u see that, denmark outplayed u in the 2nd half after 3 mistakes which led to 3 goals. Argentina were on the beach a day before the match and took it lightly, u were rubbish against cameroon and were rubbish against swedan.

england were crap and if brazil didnt have the player sent off we would have scored another goal or two, brazil dominated u in that match until the sending off. How can anyone say england even deserved to be in the quarter finals

Under El Tel u deserved to be in the final of euro 96 u were playing good footy and were robbed by the germans at the end again

Associate
Originally posted by Jazz
england were crap and if brazil didnt have the player sent off we would have scored another goal or two, brazil dominated u in that match until the sending off. How can anyone say england even deserved to be in the quarter finals

I thought Brazil were pretty poor all game actually. Not as poor as England mind :p

Permabanned
wtf m8, why are u slagging sven, if ur sayin we cant get the players anyway?????thats the whole point if we cant play the lads for even 3/4 of the match, lets face it, becks/scholes/cole/campbell/neville are the backbone of the team yeah we may be able to rotate the other players around them but that bunch need to be there for the bulk of the match

Lets see under el tel, drew with the swiss,beat tunisia, and the scots barely (gazza wot a goal), spain (pens) ok holland was an amazing match, then germany well, pens again so not really that amazing tbh. so we compare this to sven, 5-1 againts germany, a wonderful win against the argies, sod the performance we beat the gits. and rest just follows a similar line to el tel.

Didnt realise u were brazilian btw

Soldato
Originally posted by Bungee
I thought Brazil were pretty poor all game actually. Not as poor as England mind :p

hey be quiet u :p Brazil didnt have the killer ball in that match but our defending was good, even i couldnt believe it :eek:

anyways i dont care about england i enjoy watching u lot loose :D when u win match or get far in the tournament the whole country becomes big headed just like u did in the world cup. lol to think loads of the england fans thought they could win it, i was laughing my head off listening to some of radio talk shows and tv talk shows

with sven the quality of the football is crap, he has made u into a italien team who are boring at least with the other managers u attacked a lot more. I hate managers who are too defensive

lol im not brazilian :p I just have supported them for a long long time now

Soldato
Originally posted by kaiowas
Is this the same JAzz who repeatedly criticises Man Utd fans who aren't from Manchester? ;)

I think u will find that ive never criticised them for not being from manchester :) Ive criticised them for being big headed and arrogent ;)

As for criticising them for not being in manchester, that would be gilly :D

Back
Top Bottom