6	Red Bull Racing		14
7	Sauber-Petronas		7

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

Fire 1 said:
The FIA survey is now working again here

I just registered my opinions.

Ladbrokes have Button down as 14/1 to win this weekend, seeing as BAR are seeking a win this year and have had 3/4 weeks to prepare I am thinking that looks like good money.

Although Button is going to have to raise his game if he wants to beat Kimi though.

Man of Honour
OP
Well..Looks like the FIA are stuffing BAR yet again. They're having to use engines that have been sat on a shelf for 5 weeks. :eek:

The other 9 teams agreed to let them use new engines if the FIA allowed it - they haven't.

Not too sure on the reasoning - I think it's to do with the fact that the engines are 3 events old - however they've only been used for 1 event from which they were disqualified.

I loved the bit when Max Mosley was asked he said they're free to change their engines, but they will get a 10 place grid penalty if they do...and then went on to welcome them back to F1 and wish them the best of luck. :rolleyes:

So, they're going to be out first in qualifying as they didn't take part in the last GP, with engines in an unknown condition.
Seing as they're probably going to be out of the top 10 of the qualifying positions I'd change the engines anyway and try to do something with the fuel loads to play catchup.

Anyone else expecting 2 smoking Honda's by half way through the race?

Simon/~Flibster

Transmission breaker
Don
Flibster said:
Well..Looks like the FIA are stuffing BAR yet again. They're having to use engines that have been sat on a shelf for 5 weeks. :eek:

The other 9 teams agreed to let them use new engines if the FIA allowed it - they haven't.

Not too sure on the reasoning - I think it's to do with the fact that the engines are 3 events old - however they've only been used for 1 event from which they were disqualified.

I loved the bit when Max Mosley was asked he said they're free to change their engines, but they will get a 10 place grid penalty if they do...and then went on to welcome them back to F1 and wish them the best of luck. :rolleyes:

So, they're going to be out first in qualifying as they didn't take part in the last GP, with engines in an unknown condition.
Seing as they're probably going to be out of the top 10 of the qualifying positions I'd change the engines anyway and try to do something with the fuel loads to play catchup.

Anyone else expecting 2 smoking Honda's by half way through the race?

Simon/~Flibster

Im assuming they know how to look after an engine for a few weeks!! They will have a good idea as to the condition of the whole lot from the data at the end of the last race. Its far from ideal, but then its not exactly going totally ruin the race for them is it?

Soldato
Flibster, the engines will be fine! Well, as fine as a one race old Honda can be. Saying they are three events old is meaningless. There is absolutely no reason why they should get new engines - that really would be unfair.

Soldato
I am not a F1 nut but this season have been taking much more interest. Is a "European" grand prix the norm? Can't recall one before. Also, I always thought that nurburgring was longer than 3 miles? Do they have a different route for F1?

Soldato
Tesla said:
I am not a F1 nut but this season have been taking much more interest. Is a "European" grand prix the norm? Can't recall one before. Also, I always thought that nurburgring was longer than 3 miles? Do they have a different route for F1?

Yes it's normal. They can't call it the german GP because then they'd have tow what with Hockenheim on the calendar.

Man of Honour
Malt_Vinegar said:
Im assuming they know how to look after an engine for a few weeks!! They will have a good idea as to the condition of the whole lot from the data at the end of the last race. Its far from ideal, but then its not exactly going totally ruin the race for them is it?

The problem they have is the engine has been sealed in storage for 5 weeks, the longest they would expect to have to deal with is 2, maybe 3 tops. The BAR tech guy was interviewed the other day and he was saying they just have no idea what state the seals etc will be in after that length of time. Corrosion is apparantly a big worry - this is not like a road car engine that can sit for that length of time and happily fire up first time, the materials and tolerances are more watch like than engine like. They can do limited internal inspections but there are parts that you just cannot get an endoscope into.

What bugs me is that they weren't classified in Imola hence under the regulations they're entitled to a new engine yet, despite all the other teams agreeing to it, the FIA have decided to force them to use a pair of engines which have been subjected to conditions outwith those that they were designed for.

I think we will all agree that F1 is struggling to maintain its fan base but it's times like this that make you think that the FIA don't have a clue when it comes to running the sport.

Soldato
pinkaardvark said:
Yes it's normal. They can't call it the german GP because then they'd have tow what with Hockenheim on the calendar.
Ahh i see. How much of the course do they use then? Always thought it was a good 9-10 mins in a pretty good road car with a pretty damn good driver? That's not 3miles worth.

Soldato
Tesla said:
Ahh i see. How much of the course do they use then? Always thought it was a good 9-10 mins in a pretty good road car with a pretty damn good driver? That's not 3miles worth.

3.199 miles of it as it says above in diagram.

Old course is significantly longer.

Soldato
Tesla said:
The Germans and Italians get two races! There was once the idea that the "European" race would rotate around different countries but it seems to got stuck in Germany!

Associate
clv101 said:
The Germans and Italians get two races! There was once the idea that the "European" race would rotate around different countries but it seems to got stuck in Germany!

Wasn't it at Donington once, back in the dark ages?

Alan Woodford

Back
Top Bottom