CHILTERS - R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPL

JPL

Associate
Christopher Chilton,known as 'Chilters' on these boards for many many years, has died.Chris was my oldest friend and it was his unabashed enthusiasm for computing (from the very days to the latest technology) that fired my interest to a far higher level than it would have gone to without his zest and passion for the medium.

In the days of Beaky,Fruitbat and the whole original Seti team,Chris was there being as helpful and as kind and polite to all,whilst remaining a very sharp intellect indeed.

Of late he had been suffering serious depression,bought on not least by his old motorcycles injuries which occurred when he was but a mere lad - He drove a Triumph Trident T160 into a Morris minor at speed - He wouldn't let them amputate his legs,instead suffering 7 years of operations and metalwork,physiotherapy etc,Chris wasn't expected to walk again,but did.......Forum users could never have guessed the pain the guy was in by the tone of his postings.His love for Guitars and Computers sustained him.

The final straw came about when after enduring weeks of not being able to sleep his by then fragile mental state cracked and he committed suicide 2 weeks ago.The Police discovered his body last thursday after calls from neighbours regarding a strange odour.He had been dead for many days alas.

If you were to search these forums for his posts,they will show his last posts were from 2004,but I believe he was in fact active around the middle to end of February of this year - Possible his last post ever - His status is that of Banned,whether it was a result of this last post I don't know,he certainly wasn't a member when I came back aboard on the 7th March.Perhaps if any of the Dons know anything regarding this I would very much appreciate them emailing their tale.I have the rather unpleasant duty of phoning his mother (an ex-pat in Spain) of the terrible news and organise the funeral,as the authorities have been unable to.

Just in closing,although this is a sad post,I prefer to think of my old mate as fantastic bloke who WILL be missed by all that knew him -

See ya later Chilters for a beer upstairs Mate

J-P

f74e8304f0.jpg

Soldato
I was on here before the last nuke, in the days of MindYerBeak...think I can on here around mid 2001. And Chilters rang a bell...

My thoughts go out to his friends and family :(

Permabanned
Sad news :(

I do remember Chilters and his posts, and I was also confused about his ban - I remember I emailed a Don or Admin about it (can't remember who now) ages ago, but never got a reply.

RIP.

edit - just seen the post below, fair enough Kev :) This isn't the time.

Last edited:
Soldato
dirtydog said:
I do remember Chilters and his posts, and I was also confused about his ban - I remember I emailed a Don or Admin about it (can't remember who now) ages ago, but never got a reply.

I do know why, but I don't think it's a fitting time to discuss such events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom