**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Soldato
Hey,

A lot of people are getting this board because of the reliable brand, loaded features and solid overclocking potential. But every board has it's unique niggles! So I thought I'd make a thread where owners can post and exchange solutions/tips/tricks etc.

List of useful links:

Asus Downloads (BIOS, Drivers, Utilities etc.)

My MBM5 folder customised to work with A8N-SLI Premium

ACPI x64 Driver (to get rid of Yellow ? in Windows XP x64)

(Will update the above list with your suggestions, just drop me an email!)

Cheers,

Suman

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Grrr :( Have you done any benchies to see if this is a significant performance hit?

And slightly OT but is your CPU overclocked? Would appreciate it if you could post your settings and stuff (just for comparison).

Cheers,

Suman

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I'm glad they fixed the 1T problem! What sort of temps are you getting rafster? I'm finding this board overvolting a fair bit both at idle and load. I have set it to 1.525V in the BIOS but it hovers at about 1.54V as read by MBM5 and Asus Probe...

Suman

Associate
Hello

I am new to AMD and I need some help in understand the memory dividers on this MB to the cpu frequency, I am currently running at 1:1 (220:400) my X2 4400+ is at 2.42GHz at 40 degC, 1.35vCore (set) my memory is at 2,2,2,6,11, 1T I would like to try for 2.5 or 2.6.

The other problem is that when I first booted with this CPU VCore was reading only 1.29 , I has set VCore higher in bios, as I had a few problems in loading windows

thanks

Simon

Last edited:
Soldato
sumang007 said:
Yeah I'm glad they fixed the 1T problem! What sort of temps are you getting rafster? I'm finding this board overvolting a fair bit both at idle and load. I have set it to 1.525V in the BIOS but it hovers at about 1.54V as read by MBM5 and Asus Probe...

Suman

At the moment about 33c idle and up to 40c load. I have it set to the same value at the moment and it does hover a bit, it was the first stable value I found.

Soldato
Are all Sata ports locked, or do you have to use specific ones to overclock ?
Is the 1T bug fixed on all Premiums, or just on which bios version ?
Can these boards run 4 memory sticks at 1T, or just the 2 ?
Just gathering info in case I buy one of these :)
Cheers !

Soldato
Anyone had issues when using 2GB of Corsair on this board?My friend has trouble running with 2GB although 1GB works fine allday long.

Soldato
OP
CSNuts: My 2Gb is running perfectly fine at 2,3,3,6,1T (only the small 22T problem I mentioned in the first post). I think it can even manage 2,3,2,5,1T!

Vogon: I'm using the NV SATA ports and they seem to be locked fine. The SI ports are on the PCI bus which can be locked at 33Mhz, so in theory they should be fine too! I'm running 1T at 300HTT but that's on a 3:2 ratio so I'm not sure if that's the case for 1:1 as well. That's on BIOS 1005. I think whether you can run 4 sticks depends on your CPU core revision not the board :)

Simon D: I'm not exactly sure what you mean... you want to up the HTT but keep your memory at 200Mhz like me? If you could provide us with your full spec and a more detailed explanation we should be able to help out :)

Cheers,

Suman

Soldato
This Corsair pc3500 is either faulty then or its bios related.Running the 1005 bios as we thought the the one that came with the board was at fault.

system is: ASUS A8N SLi Premium
San Diego 4000
XFX 7800GTX Extreme
Corsair PC3500

Using a good Quality psu so we are pretty sure it isn't that.Going to memtest the ram individualy later on to rule that out[Although it was fine in the P4 Rig].
The PC will boot with 2GB in but crashes out of games etc after 30mins or so.

Soldato
I think that answers my question then !
Its a bit odd that many boards wont run 4 sticks stable, yet most boards come with 4 slots. :confused:

Associate
Hi Suman

I think I have worked in out I was confused with the Memclock index on this board

I have a X2 4400+ using the stock cooler, old BH5 2*512Mb
running at 2.61Ghz
CPU voltage 1.3625v
CPU Multiplier 10
CPU Frequency 260
Memclock Index 333 (217)
HTT 4X
Load at 42 degC
Running OK, will test

Are all the SATA ports locked on this MB?

Simon

Associate
I currently have my 3700 running at 2.6ghz ( 260 x 10 volts @ 1.525 ) idle is around 33 and load is 44 max. Running stock cooler.

However in prime95 it fails after 6 mins.... do i need to fiddle with ram settings at all or just give he cpu some boot volts?

thanks

darren

Back
Top Bottom