The OCUK Liverpool Meet 18th February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Right then who is up for a city meet in Liverpool?

The plan is to do it in the February half term (I’m a teacher, difficult to organise any other time) it should be Saturday 18th February 2006.

You may be wondering why I am posting this already. The answer is that I did have this planned for October half term but the hotels are already fully booked – Unless you want to pay around £110 per room!
One hotel, the Premier Lodge in the Albert Dock, is already fully booked for the 18th and I don’t want the same happening to the others.

The plan:
Check in for hotels is around 2pm so I thought we would meet for late lunch at 3pm (Daz will waste away if we don’t). We will float around the hotels depending on where you decide to stay. (Maps will be provided)

Food (lunch) – Still trying to find somewhere suitable for this, Davey says Burger King I say we need more variety for people ;)

Pool – Place called the OneFour (see map) used to be naff now much better
The plan for here is to get there at 4:30pm
Each table will have four people
(Yes there will be medals for the winner on each table)
There are up to 12 tables available at 80p per game. I will book them when I start to get better numbers in – to sign up to a table see pool guide

Evening meal – (http://www.caesarspalace.co.uk/menu_page.htm)
Now then this is where I need you to decide what you’d like to do. Do you:
a) Want to go get changed, meet back up for food then restaurant
b) Go for the meal, go back to hotels, then meet up for club?

We will then go to a place called Bar Med. It plays 70/80's and more modern tunes plus DJ tasks requests.
Dress code isn't too strict no tracksuits but jeans and trainers are fine.
I have booked the party area in the club for us and there is no charge for this or entry :)
http://www.bar-med.com/yourbar/liverpoolmain.htm

On Sunday we will be going bowling at Hollywood bowl on Edge Lane. Most people will pass this on the way to the M62. We will book for about 12pm plus we can grab some lunch as there is a few places including a F&B's.

Saturday Attendees
Definite
LynnieLeigh and Davey_Pitch
Matblack and Wild Lotus
Priest and Mrs Priest
Gilly
Von Smallhausen
Haly
Rich_L
Otacon & Amy?
cyKey
Gummi Bear (AKA Hardhuddy)
Freefaller & Roz?
Nige
Pigmo
JenJey
Doohickey
burbleflop
Phillip (AKA OvertoneBliss)
Dangerous
Bigstan
Exorcist
MasterMike
Worthy
Berserker
JodieG & CliffyG
J00ni
Robert
Rotty & t'other arf ;)
DRZ (pool and food only)

Interested
LeperousDust
FrontSideBus
Creature
wijcc
Smileyman
quackers
Tigball
Zirax
BIGWEB
Takhisis & Jhadur
Kiwi

Interested in Bowling on Sunday:
LynnieLeigh & Davey_Pitch
Gilly
Freefaller
Daz
Piggy
Desmo
Haly/Jen
Burbleflop
Rotty & Mrs Rotty
Jenjey
Matblack & Wild Lotus
Mr Huddy
Berserker

Hotels:
http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti...FA9731F9F38BBBB65073DA966B12080?hotelId=24092
(there is a £6 charge for parking)

http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/hotelInformation.do?hotelId=23829 (parking is free here). This one is 15 minute walk from my house but I live a 20 minute drive, taxi, bus from City Centre so it would mean paying for taxis (around £7-8)

Hanover Hotel
62, Hanover Street,
Liverpool
L1 4AF
Tel: 0151 709 6223
Booking line: 0845 45 66 399
Website: www.activehotels.com/servlet/xmlbro...bid=&numrooms=1&numnights=1&language=en&mode=

Ibis Hotel Liverpool
27 Wapping,
Liverpool,
L1 8LY
Tel: 0151 706 9800

Formule 1 Hotel
25 Wapping,
Liverpool,
L1 8LY

There are lots of other hotels in Liverpool including:
But they are a bit expensive in my opinion.

Liverpool Marriott Hotel City Centre
1, Queen Square,
Liverpool,
L1 1RH
Tel: 0870 4007268

Gladstone Hotel
Lord Nelson St,
Liverpool,
L3 5QB
Tel: 0151 709 7050

Britannia Adelphi Hotel
Ranelagh Place,
Liverpool,
L3 5UL
Tel: 0151 709 7200

The Sir Thomas Hotel
24 Sir Thomas Street, Liverpool, Merseyside, L1 6JB
Tel : 0845 45 66 399
http://www.activehotels.com/servlet...L&subid=&numrooms=&numnights=&language=&mode=

Express By Holiday Inn
Liverpool Albert dock
Britannia pavilion, Albert dock
Liverpool, L3 4AD
Tel: 0151-7091133
Fax: 0151-7091144
Email: [email protected]

Holiday Inn
Liverpool City Centre
Lime Street
Liverpool, L1 1NQ
Tel: 0151-7097090
Fax: 0151-7090137
Email: [email protected]

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Hell yes I'm in :D
Perfect date for me and unless I break bones again I'm not missing it :D

Soldato
Sounds good to me, I'm sure we'll be able to sort out one of our parents having the kids this far in advance :D Looks like I'll have to get my driving licence updated then, it's still in my maiden name (been married over 3 years) and registered to my old address, plenty of time though :D I'd prefer to get changed before eating but I'm not that fussed either way really.

Soldato
W00t w00t w00t!
I'll be there, couldnt be bothered to read all the details, but sounds totally awesome :D
The onefour is a lot better now, although I have horrible memories of my 17th birthday feeling very sick in their toilets (which leave a lot to be desired)

Hopefully I'll have no exams or whatnot :D so yay!!!

EDIT: I'll bring Doohickey with me too! :D

Soldato
I won't be attending, but I'd like to commend your organisational skills. Many meet threads I've read have been a hive of wishy washy information, uncertainty and spam. It's good that you've made the effort to produce a concise itinerary.

Soldato
Fusion said:
I won't be attending, but I'd like to commend your organisational skills. Many meet threads I've read have been a hive of wishy washy information, uncertainty and spam. It's good that you've made the effort to produce a concise itinerary.
That's cus usually the blokes organise the meets :p

Lynnie and Piggy (And MB and Gilly :rolleyes: ) 4tw :D

Soldato
Chances of me making this are 50-50. With it being my first year at uni, it may make it slightly difficult. I'll let you know at a later date whether things change.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Matblack said:
We'll be coming up on the train so if we can keep it in the centre then that would be cool :)

I'll be coming up on the train too most likely so it'd be nice to know the nearest hotel for those sort of things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom