Gilly posed an interesting question tonight....

Soldato
....with Man Utd in europe, who were you supporting?

Even though i am mostly a Liverpool fan (although i am more of an egg chaser myself!!) i would much rather Man Utd won (same goes for all British teams) than Juventus, and would cheer for them.

How would it go for you guys, would you support your home countries teams, or does the club football 'hatred' (and i use that word in the best possible way!) that is usually displayed in most Premier threads sway your opinion?

:D

Man of Honour
being a massive man utd fan I really want us to win

however if we were knocked out even though I have a strong dislike for Arsenal I would support them or Newcastle to win the European cup.

I support any england team in any competition unless they would be in direct competition i.e playing against Man utd.

Man of Honour
Usually I support the English team, depending on circumstances, or sometimes I literally don't care, just wanna see some good action. Against weak teams I sometimes support the underdog, e.g. Basel vs Man Utd.

If I have any players from my fantasy team playing sometimes that influences how I feel also

Soldato
I find it hard to go against black and white stripes :o Also a big fan of the under dog, bearing in mind the hype and general arrognace that follows Man Utd, everyone ends up seeming like underdogs. That's not to say I'm not pleased by all English victories in Europe, Man Utd or not.

Associate
Originally posted by Big Kev
I'm going to be honest and say that I ONLY support Arsenal in the Champions League and I don't want any other English club to do better than us in any competition.

Same with me and United.

I think the one of the main reasons is that if Juventus win
the EC then we don't hear about it, but if/when :) Man Utd
win it this season, who are the first people that are gonna
now about it ? Yup, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man City fans.
Obviously United will rub it in all next season.

To be honest the premiership or the EC. Its gotta be the EC.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I usually support all the English clubs in the CL, I remember a bunch of us going crazy when Man U won it. Heck I even support Rangers in Europe, even if only for the sake of our co-efficient :)

mind you, if they ever get as far as the quarters, they can **** off :D

Soldato
I would support any team from England in European competition. Apart from Newcastle who I hope get stuffed everytim they play. Their fans would be the same if by some magical circumstances we were to get into Europe - very unlikely I know!

Soldato
I dont support ANY other club in any competition other than united.
Like tonight, i hope liverpool get ******* hammered tonight by Auxerre, even though united arnt in the competition.
And if Liverpool do get through, i hope celtic ******* hammer them in the next round.

Soldato
Originally posted by Big Kev
I'm going to be honest and say that I ONLY support Arsenal in the Champions League and I don't want any other English club to do better than us in any competition.

same here

Back
Top Bottom