Motors - Estonian style (Lots of boring pictures!)

Man of Honour
As some of you may remember, back in March I visited the small country of Estonia - part of the former USSR.
Whilst there I took quite a few car pics (as I usually do on holiday) and never got round to uploading them all. So here they are.

Dual carraigeway into Tallinn. These have thermometers displaying at the roadside. It was minus 9 when I took this and the traffic was still hammering along at full pelt:

Estonia01.jpg

Probably because every car except the old Ladas runs on these! Ladas were mostly fitted with cheap chunky mud n snows:
Estonia04.jpg

Did I mention it was cold? Most parked cars were like this:
Estonia02.jpg

Comedy "Meh" number plate option:
Estonia03.jpg

Coppers in Tallinn must have a sense of humour to drive this mini Vitara things:
Estonia05.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
I think the badge should be taken with a slight pinch of salt:
Estonia06.jpg

Groovy XR2 near our hotel, shame about the DIY grille stripes:
Estonia07.jpg

With all that salt, snow and mud, why is rust not devouring this Corolla?
Estonia08.jpg

Fell in love with these on the spot:
Estonia09.jpg

Lovely multitone off white communist relic:
Estonia10.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Can anyone ID these two? Think they were both Russian:
Estonia11.jpg

Estonia12.jpg

5.0 Mustang must be a real workout when the roads are covered in a foot of ice and snow:
Estonia13.jpg

Great personal plate:
Estonia14.jpg

Speed cameras have a limited effect in Estonian wintertime:
Estonia15.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Max Power eat your heart out:

Estonia16.jpg

The whole car wash thing hasn't really caught on there. Shame, that's my favourite shade of Nissan:

Estonia17.jpg

I actually really like these. There's a mint one on Ebay for £950... is it wrong of me to want it?

Estonia18.jpg

Estonia19.jpg

American station wagon parked in Helsinki - what is it Mickey?

Estonia20.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
saitrix said:
Very nice pics there!

What car is in pic 18?
It's a Lada, the model before the Riva. Can't remember the model code, 2150 or something like that. Going on condition, I think the Russians may have produced them alongside the Riva as there were a lot of them in relativel good condition.

Gilly, keep an eye on GD tonight or tomorrow, I'll sling up some non-car pics over the next day or so.

Soldato
Lopéz said:
It's a Lada, the model before the Riva. Can't remember the model code, 2150 or something like that. Going on condition, I think the Russians may have produced them alongside the Riva as there were a lot of them in relativel good condition.

Gilly, keep an eye on GD tonight or tomorrow, I'll sling up some non-car pics over the next day or so.

Also yes i forgot to say, your not one bit crazy liking that car, looks good to me! Just wait for all the others saying im also crazy for liking it. :p

Soldato
Lopéz said:
Plus I was there in March, when it's thawing (but still ******* cold)

If its around March that amount of snow is normal. You should see how bad it is around Jan/Feb Its fine within the cities because the salt the reads however in the rural areas its really quite bad. It once took me 6 hours to do a 1 hour drive to the ski slopes. My friends had to get out and push the car ever 20 min

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom