Fergie 4 the sack???

Soldato
According to some newspapers today if Man U end up trophyless again this season Ferguson will be asked to step down by the PLC.

Personally i feel that this probably would happen especially with the words coming out of Kenyon the last few days.

We would probably be right to do this, begrundingly yes due to what the guy has done for the club but for the good of the future of the club it would have to be done. We arent progressing under him and after matches at OT countless opposition fans after tell me that we just arent the same team anymore, and they are right. All good things must come to an end.

Question is, who do you get to replace one of the most sucessful managers in English football history? They would have a massive shadow on them and they would have to clear out a number of players to be able to install his own will on the club.

I think we are still within a very good chance of CL glory if we get a good draw in a few weeks time but with the choices most likely to be Inter, Real Madrid or Valencia it doesnt look too good there. I personally dont think any british team will make it past the semis.

The league, realistically barring a nightmare run of form by Arsenal they will retain the premiership and worthy of it too.

Soldato
I think fergie should have stepped down last summer but he is still after that Champions league victory again and if he gets it this year, he will certainly step down but you got to remember, fergie has the power, its hard to believe but he has.

If the whole fans turn against him then thats a different story. United won't get rid of fergie unless they have a suitable replacement but who would that be, Sven. O'Neil or Capello?

But I do think he will be shown the road at the end of the season.

Soldato
And who will take his place, martin O'neil? That guy will take u even further back i dunno what u think is good about him, he took won a scottish title big deal, he is all bark and is no where near as good as some make it out. Moyes is much better than him.

Fergie for 16 yrs has done a good job and 1 yr he comes 2nd and ur thinking of sacking him, im sorry but i think man utd and their fans are way out of order. Your squad need strengthening and you have met your match in arsenal id understand if arsenal had a weak team but that isnt the case.

Kenyon said:

But Kenyon warned: 'By our standards, it would not be good enough to finish runners-up in the Premiership and Worthington Cup and reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

By our standards it wont be good enough, doesnt sound like a threat to me he is just saying he thinks u could do better. Fergie has a lot more power in man utd than some think and i dont see him getting sacked

Soldato
Originally posted by Jazz
And who will take his place, martin O'neil? That guy will take u even further back i dunno what u think is good about him, he took won a scottish title big deal, he is all bark and is no where near as good as some make it out. Moyes is much better than him.

Fergie for 16 yrs has done a good job and 1 yr he comes 2nd and ur thinking of sacking him, im sorry but i think man utd and their fans are way out of order. Your squad need strengthening and you have met your match in arsenal id understand if arsenal had a weak team but that isnt the case.

Kenyon said:

But Kenyon warned: 'By our standards, it would not be good enough to finish runners-up in the Premiership and Worthington Cup and reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

By our standards it wont be good enough, doesnt sound like a threat to me he is just saying he thinks u could do better. Fergie has a lot more power in man utd than some think and i dont see him getting sacked

icon14.gif

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Robert
very true jazz.Personally i think its the players NOT the manager who are to blame.

I think it has to be both

Fergie with his inept tactics and the players as they just really dont seem bothered anymore.

I'd much rather see Becks and Giggs sold than see fergie leave though.

Soldato
To be honest I'd say O'Neil is much better than Moyes. I don't see anything special about him. Ok. He surprised many people this season with his performace as a coach but then again you'd have to rate Gordan Strachan up there with him cause he's doing a fantastic job.

O'Neil is a successor to fergie but he won't take the job cause you'd be expected to win every trophie in site within the first season in charge. I'll wait till Moyes actually does something remarkable before rating him as for O'Neil, he's done big things and yes he's not doing aswell for Celtic this season but thats Celtic, you can only take them so far untill the players reach their best and they are at their best now.

I'd rather see fergie stay at utd for another season so he ruins them even more.:D and if a new manager does come in, I hope he is as useless as Howard W....

Soldato
OP
very true.

but Man U are a massive club, the biggest, we have very high standards.

Fergie does have the power and thats the problem. He knows that really they dont have the guts to sack him over poor results so he for one is complacent, and that complacents is rubbing off onto the players.

2nd is not good enough, the fans at Man U expect to be number 1.

and i never said he is gonna get sacked, they will give him some dignity if they decide to get rid and by that i mean mutual consent seperation.

If we end up empty handed this season i can see some of my fellow fans in the stands turning on him. He has had £80million to spend in 2 years and to win nothing is unacceptable.

I wont say anything at the ground because thats for the board to decide but if we dont win anything there is people on the PLC board that will call for his head. Why did you think he was so desperate to win the Worthy cup this season? because he has to win something to save his job. We must show ambition, no one person is bigger than the club. We must do whats right for the club.

Associate

Martin ONeil has been a revelation since he joined Celtic and without him we wouldnt have beat the teams like Blackburn, Celta Vigo, VFB Stutgart, Rosenborg, Porto and Juventus or winning the Treble and retaining the SPL title.

Whats Moyles done to make him better than MON?

Originally posted by Scream
as for O'Neil, he's done big things and yes he's not doing aswell for Celtic this season but thats Celtic, you can only take them so far untill the players reach their best and they are at their best now.

Umm, this season we have knocked out Blackburn, Celta Vigo and VFB Stutgart out of the UEFA Cup so how you can say Celtic are not doing too well this season is beyond me.
Admittedly we have been lucky in the SPL a few times this year but we are still in every cup competition in Scotland as well as the UEFA Cup and are only 6 points (with a game in hand) behind Rangers in the league.

Now that MON has a rolling contract any team that comes in for him will have to wait a year before thay can get their hands on him. :)

Associate
i have also been very disappointed this season, but some results have been acceptable and some have not... The result against bolton annoyed me more than anything.

But i am now just looking forward to the CL, i do think we are in with a chance and like a few other people have said, it is mainly the players that are to blame..not the manager

Ratty

Soldato
I dont care what he has done in scotland lets look at his achievements in the premier league, he took an average leicester team and kept them mid table, moyes took an average everton team and they are 4th and is team have given even the best teams a run for their money. Id rate Strachan as well as this season they have been good, but i fail to see whats good about O'Neil he seems like an average manager to me

O'Neil went into a poor league where only 2 teams are even half decent and won the league.

Juve are poor away from home and have been poor in recent times when it comes to euro matches but still a impressive win

Blackburn = inconistant they have a better team than u and if they had played well at all they would have beaten you.

Soldato
Originally posted by Afterlife
very true.

but Man U are a massive club, the biggest, we have very high standards.

Fergie does have the power and thats the problem. He knows that really they dont have the guts to sack him over poor results so he for one is complacent, and that complacents is rubbing off onto the players.

2nd is not good enough, the fans at Man U expect to be number 1.

and i never said he is gonna get sacked, they will give him some dignity if they decide to get rid and by that i mean mutual consent seperation.

If we end up empty handed this season i can see some of my fellow fans in the stands turning on him. He has had £80million to spend in 2 years and to win nothing is unacceptable.

I wont say anything at the ground because thats for the board to decide but if we dont win anything there is people on the PLC board that will call for his head. Why did you think he was so desperate to win the Worthy cup this season? because he has to win something to save his job. We must show ambition, no one person is bigger than the club. We must do whats right for the club.

I think man utd will have to learn being 2nd best, its not like arsenal are an average team man utd will have to get back to the 1999-2000 season form imo to stand a chance to topple arsenal and i dont think they can do that. Im not bragging about arsenal being the best ever but at this moment arsenal are looking very good much like u were back in 1999 and 2000

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I dont think we'll have to put up with being 2nd best for too long mate maybe one more season

arsenal really are not that good for a long term dominating team they have to many ageing players in there squad.

when we dominated for nearly 10 years the team started out very very young and basically stuck together right up until now with a few transfers here and there

the base was already there and the spine of the team had always been there

with schmeichel, becks, giggs, butt, nevilles, keane, solskjaer, scholes, cole etc etc

whereas with arsenal the spine of the team in the main is aging

seaman , keown, pires, bergkamp, campbell, cygan, wiltord, van bronckhorst, parlour with most of the other players also over the age of like 26 so I see a couple of years of aresnal dominance then we peobably will be back or alternatively Newcastle will take the summit as they much like Man Utd had is a team of young players with a couple of experienced performers to steady the ship.

this is meant as no disrespect to arsenal but I just dont see them staying at the top for more than another year or two.

However they will like Man Utd have the option of bringing in a good few young replacement players. Whatever happens I think both Wenger and Fergie (moreso) should be quite busy in the Transfer Market over the summer bringing in fresh, hungry, talented, blood.

Last edited:
Soldato
we actually do have many good youth players coming through its just no one knows about them

anyways time will tell who stays at the top, im obviously gonna arsenal though arent i ;)

1 David Seaman 40
5 Martin Keown 37
23 Sol Campbell 29
7 Robert Pires M 30
10 Dennis Bergkamp S 1.83 79 34

These are the only players which will need replacing in maybe 2 yrs time, we have bentley for bergkamp, pires is gonna be damn hard to replace, we bought a swiss defender and i believe we will be buying another in the summer, we have tayor for seaman. So replacements will be around when they do go. Wenger has been buying youth in recent times and older players have only been bought if we need players for cover ASAP

Soldato
I dont think its worthy of a sacking if he doesnt bring anything in this season. He needs a kick up the rear to sort out the formation... how can we win with 1 man upfront a left winger who doesnt know where to play because of it, the full backs are being told to push forward because of that and then the Centre forward left consitantly on the bench is put on to play on the wing. Wheres the sense?

Hes as stubborn as they come ferguson, 70mins gone on comes Solskjaer, week in week out! Its terrible. We need to look for a decent assistant manager first cos it seems to me that when McClaren left it really made a difference.

Cant really blame the players at the end of the day they are being told to play out of position.

Soldato
OP
ive thought for many years that Man U's success wasnt down too much to fergie but the fact the guy had an excellent head coach backing him up.

Brian Kidd and Steve McClaren gave us the organisation and tactical ability.

Now they are not there it really shows just how poor ferguson is tactically. Its so bad that he allows much poorer teams like Liverpool to out think us.

Man of Honour
I dont care what he has done in scotland lets look at his achievements in the premier league, he took an average leicester team and kept them mid table, moyes took an average everton team and they are 4th and is team have given even the best teams a run for their money. Id rate Strachan as well as this season they have been good, but i fail to see whats good about O'Neil he seems like an average manager to me

O'Neil went into a poor league where only 2 teams are even half decent and won the league.

Juve are poor away from home and have been poor in recent times when it comes to euro matches but still a impressive win

Blackburn = inconistant they have a better team than u and if they had played well at all they would have beaten you.

Gotta disagree here JAzz

He took a terrible Leicester side, and kept them afloat in mid-table for season after season. They were never really in trouble like your Boltons, Southamptons, Sunderlands, etc. Steve McClaren is doing the same at Boro but has taken them a tiny step on, but has had more money to spend.

Martin O'Neill had nothing to spend at Leicester, and he still worked wonders.

And anyone that wants Kidd should look at what he did to Blackburn ;)

Back
Top Bottom