The lost art of thread rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Why do hardly any threads get rated these days? The odd comedy thread gets a 5 but rubbish threads escape the ignominy of a 1.

I'm going to rate every thread I read today and I beseech you to follow my example, start with this one, I'm obviously rating it a 5 (everyone rates their own threads 5, right?), but you can rate it 4 if you like.

If every thread had stars I could simply sort by rating and watch the gold rise to the top like comedy cream.

When people get home from work and school tonight and open the forums they'll be like, "omf wtg?", and we'll be like, "what up?", and they'll be like, "pwetty stars!", and we'll be like, "oh them? they're OK". It'll be so cool.

Go forth and rate, my pretties.

Wise Guy
Permabanned
I don't rate threads because I see no value in the ratings. I've seen threads that I'd give a 1 get a 5 overall. All that tells me is that most people here don't see things the same way I do. So I don't generally rate threads, and I don't take much notice of threads that are rated.

Soldato
I click on pretty much every thread so doesn't matter :p

And I don't look far enough right on my screen to see stars most of the time.

Associate
Carzy said:
I click on pretty much every thread so doesn't matter :p

It is the only way to find a thread is worth the time to post on it. I usually go by the title and if the title interests me I will look, if the content interests me or I have something to say on it I will post a reply. Otherwise meh...

Tru

Tru

Soldato
OP
I'm loving the enthusiasm in here. So far I've dished out mainly 3's, the Ninja thread got a 5 because I'm in it, I gave out a few 1's as well. Feel free to update us on your rating adventure, and ask questions in here if you're not sure how the system works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom