**Official Asus A8N-SLI Premium Thread**

Associate
Hi,

Could someone please confirm that when you are using SATA 150 HD, on the Asus A8N-SLI Premium, after boot up to you see reported back by the Bios that drives speed are LBA ATA150 or LBA ATA100?

I am using 3 Hitachi Deskstar 7K250 SATA150 HD, I am only seening LBA ATA100 speeds reported by the bios.

I have checked my drives using the feature tool v1.98 from Hitachi web site and its reports max speed as ultra DMA5 for all drives?

Should this be DMA6 for SATA150?

Thanks

Simon

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys :)

From the research and thread trawling (here and elsewhere) I've been doin' over the last week, it seems this is gonna be the board of choice for my rig.

But it seems Asus' customer support is somewhat crap - is this the case from your experience?

In addition, is there generally anything else worth knowing/considering in advance of purchasing this board?

Thanks in advance fellas,

LAGAVULIN

Soldato
Is it a bios issue that makes my board boot every other time I try?

I'll boot it and it hangs at the windows xp welcome screen, then switch it off and back on and it boots fine solid as a rock with hours of torture testing/games etc at 10*261 1.475v on my x2 4400.

Using bios 1008 atm and don't know ( :o ) if I've installed any nv drivers.. how would I know and why would I bother?

Soldato
Try the BETA bios from the Asus site. Also you'd know if you had them installed as they'd be listed in Add ?Remove programs under Nvidia drivers...and if you didn't install them then you'd have a whole list of things in Device Manager with yellow ! next to them. Your machine would also not run desperatly well...

Steve

Associate
Premium Bios Update ?

Hi All

I have recently built a system with:

A8NSLi Premium
AMD X2 4400
Corsair 2 Gig 3200
Asus 7800GTX
Etc Etc...

I am currently on bios 1007 and wanted to update to bios 1008, problem is everytime I try and run the setup.exe for the Asus Update programme it hangs for a while then tells me "no supported Asus Mobo found"...

I have tried the Asus update proggie off the origial CD supplied with Mobo and also the latest version off Asus website...

Any ideas or are you as confused as me ?

Can I update from a boot floppy ?, cant see a prog to do so on the support CD but maybe you no different.

Thx

Coolur

Soldato
coolur said:
Hi All

I have recently built a system with:

A8NSLi Premium
AMD X2 4400
Corsair 2 Gig 3200
Asus 7800GTX
Etc Etc...

I am currently on bios 1007 and wanted to update to bios 1008, problem is everytime I try and run the setup.exe for the Asus Update programme it hangs for a while then tells me "no supported Asus Mobo found"...

I have tried the Asus update proggie off the origial CD supplied with Mobo and also the latest version off Asus website...

Any ideas or are you as confused as me ?

Can I update from a boot floppy ?, cant see a prog to do so on the support CD but maybe you no different.

Thx

Coolur

Make sure you are running the latest 6.66 Nvidia Chipset drivers (don't need the IDE or Sound drivers when installing) and use the latest LiveUpdate tool from the Asus website and not from the CD. The latest official bios is 1008 and the latest beta is 1009.004.

Download the file/s and you can flash in windows from the desktop (taking precautions to close down any background app's like A/V programs etc. to be extra safe).

Associate
i tried looking the bios for how many volts my RAM is getting, but i can't find the value? I have this motherboard... and 2GB corsair XMS3200C2PT.. anyone can show me where... :confused:

Soldato
OP
As soon as you go into the BIOS go to the 2nd tab along the top (can't remember what it's called). Then go to "Jumperfree Config" I think it's the 5th option down. The setting you want is called "DDR Voltage".

Hope that helps,

Suman

Soldato
Zico said:
Make sure you are running the latest 6.66 Nvidia Chipset drivers (don't need the IDE or Sound drivers when installing) and use the latest LiveUpdate tool from the Asus website and not from the CD. The latest official bios is 1008 and the latest beta is 1009.004.

Download the file/s and you can flash in windows from the desktop (taking precautions to close down any background app's like A/V programs etc. to be extra safe).

Best bet, stick the bin file on a floppy, reboot and press alt-f2 which takes you to a ROM based flash util, and away you go. Current version of asus update deosn't seem to like this board/Bios.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom