Blueyonder/Telewest speed upgrades

Associate
just got my upgrade yesterday, went from 1 mb to 4mb, well supposedly 4mb. I say this because when I checked at www.adslguide.org it said it was only 3mb so are telewest lyeing to us? please check ** connections.

Soldato
Luck said:
just got my upgrade yesterday, went from 1 mb to 4mb, well supposedly 4mb. I say this because when I checked at www.adslguide.org it said it was only 3mb so are telewest lyeing to us? please check ** connections.

:rolleyes:

Firstly not all bandwidth tests are that accurate, the upgrades are of course rather new so it could also be that it's slightly swamped. You also have to remember that a connection will rarely work at the theoretical speeds 4mb is supposed to do.

Man of Honour
Indeed.

Relying on a single speedtest website isn't a great idea. Try downloading from blueyonder ftp or decent download sites for a start :) I have only found 1 website which allowed me to download at 10mbit so far.

Soldato
My upgrade has gone through, im in Kent by the way speeds seem OK but since the upgrade I keep getting ping spikes on CS source, really hacking me off id rather have my old speed with reliable connection than ultra fast non reliable connection.

Associate
Still no speed increase for Knowsley or Liverpool, thats ten days now since all our upgrades where finished and still nothing except TBA on the even faster page. :(

Soldato
But surely they would have listed the dates? Every other location has had the rollout date listed. I'm getting annoyed with the line, "we know as soon as you do." - I'm sorry SOMEONE must know what the **** is going on.

Associate
I really don't think anyone knows what is going on judging by Telewest customer support.

It's ok when your next bill comes in and it isn't payed on time and Telewest phone and ask when you will be paying just say "To Be announced" repeatedly down the phone" or "you will know when I do".

I'm sure Telewests Billing department wouldn't settle for such an answer, so why should we?

Soldato
gazza1972 said:
It's ok when your next bill comes in and it isn't payed on time and Telewest phone and ask when you will be paying just say "To Be announced" repeatedly down the phone" or "you will know when I do".

I'm sure Telewests Billing department wouldn't settle for such an answer, so why should we?
Hardly the same thing is it? Either you realise that, in which case why post irrelevant analogies, or you don't, in which case you really need to get a grip on reality.

Associate
Vertigo1 said:
Hardly the same thing is it? Either you realise that, in which case why post irrelevant analogies, or you don't, in which case you really need to get a grip on reality.

What about areas that have received there upgrades and are getting no where near there increased speeds or worse then before the upgrade, will telewest be offering them any form of compensation?

No it will be put-up with it and pay your bill, and we promise we will sort things out eventually!

Not good enough, i'm afraid!

These upgrades are a panic response to other IP's offering better value internet packages. Telewest must have known that a lot of areas networks would not be up to the task of 10meg.

Give me one good reason why Telewest couldn't send each customer an e-mail telling them a week before that there speed increase was about to happen? Instead of the evenfaster page TBA No swearing

PS.
No personal attacks!

Last edited:
Soldato
gazza1972 said:
What about areas that have received there upgrades and are getting no where near there increased speeds or worse then before the upgrade, will telewest be offering them any form of compensation?
Try reading your contract. It's a contended service and you pay for "up to" the advertised nominal speed. Under most circumstances you'll get it but if you don't then you have no comeback whatsoever. The number of people who don't seem to understand this concept is frankly staggering.
Not good enough, i'm afraid!
Then go somewhere else. If you want guaranteed speeds then you'll be looking at business-level services with guaranteed service levels and a rather huge bill.
These upgrades are a panic response to other IP's offering better value internet packages.
LOL, yeah right. A company the size of Telewest doesn't bother with proper planning and strategy, they just have "panic responses" :rolleyes:
Telewest must have known that a lot of areas networks would not be up to the task of 10meg.
Why do you think there's a huge national upgrade plan in operation at present? Telewest have obviously done a lot of testing and are confident that they can offer 10mb speeds to most customers most of the time or they wouldn't be doing it.
Irrelevant analogies! Have you swallowed a dictionary or what you B**K!!
:rolleyes:

You're not The-Ninja in disguise are you?

Man of Honour
My connection has been flawless ever since I've bought it. A few days of a little slowdown around upgrade time, but when the upgrade was finally switched on it was zoom, 4mbit/sec easy.

:cool:

Man of Honour
gazza1972 said:
Give me one good reason why Telewest couldn't send each customer an e-mail telling them a week before that there speed increase was about to happen? Instead of the evenfaster page
I know.

They've got the evenfaster page, they're sending e-mails when the upgrades are done - how about they send e-mails counting down the hours and minutes, too?

Oh...I know...maybe...they have better things to do, like...work on the network ;) ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom