Okay, workout routine. need YOUR help

Caporegime
okay im fed up of being a skinny lanky *******, and i need your help

i saw some other guy in GD who was kinda in a similar situation with a really high motabolism like me but he managed to make some progress.

i am a total beginner, and am desperately in need of advice on food and excersices to do.

this is the deal:

I am willing to put in an hour every morning into the excersises, and eat whatever protein diet recommended, (ill probably need 3000 calories a day to bulk up any)

the problem:

i dont have acess to a gym.

i have my room, which has many heavy wooden chairs, which i can use to lift (i.e bench press them) i can do pushups on the floor, and anything else that you think is reasonable.

im not expecting monster results and will be able to go to a gym when i get home after april, so until then ill be mainly just slowly bulking first

i need a routine to follow every morning (make it reasonable to start pls;) i can do 10-15 proper pressups in a set, usually 50 per hour)

and i need to know what kind of foods/suppliments i need to take, and how often etc.

advice would be much appreciated.

thx

Last edited:
Man of Honour
you only posted 45 mins ago mate :p

there are a few peeps on here that will be able to help

Paz and Da Flash come to mind but they normally dont get on till a bit later than this.

In the meantime you could check the archive as there have been one or two similar posts to yours in the past and im sure one of them is in there.

hope that helps

Man of Honour
ok just checked and there are none in the archive :o

however if you search for weights or diet in this forum than there will be a few threads brought up

Caporegime
OP
okay ill take a look, the problem is though that i believe i am lactose intollerant, and thus the milkshakes i dont think i can take, so is there any other forms of protein i can take without having it as a milk shake?

is there anything i can add water too, or eat or something?

i suppliment my vitamins and i tend to eat 2-3 big meals a day, i.e like an extra large pizza (cheese free) for my tea, and usually sommat like a subway for my dinner, then i eat about 2 chocolate bars, an apple, and usually a bowl of noodles or two bowls of pasta etc. i usually eat a chicken dish once or twice a day too..

but i need something else to give me a big boost

Man of Honour
ok mate from my limited knowledge on the subjects there are two things i can advise you on

1: most protein supplements that people have with milk can also be drank with water. (just tastes better with milk)

2: Eat Tuna and lots of it as it is a great source of protein.

hope that helps.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
okay cheers for that

i just nipped to the local shop to pick up a protein bar to see what they are like and what they cost

i got a proteinplus bar (fudge brownie flavour)

http://www.powerbar.com/Products/ProteinPlus/

its got 24 g protein per bar

and judging by balddongs comments in another thread i searched for on diet (thanks) he says u need like 1.5g per pound so i need approx 6 bars per day

they cost approx £1.5 per bar, so im not sure i can sustain more than 2-3 bars per day

im not sure when to intake the protein though, should i do it before or after my hour or as a suppliment for my breakfast or?

Man of Honour
mate you can get protein powder which you mix with milk or water for less than that.

get a tub of that and have a couple of shakes a day to start with they provide around 25g or more of protein each taking.

Then I suggest having some tuna as its relatively inexpensive and you get a lot of protein from it.

Caporegime
OP
cool, ill take a look (i wasnt disregarding your answer btw, there arent any shops within 5 mins of here that sell tubs, only bars so i just tried one of those)

ill get some shakes, and ill see what it does

any recommendations of which shakes? i presume something with creotine or something?

edit: your one step ahead

Man of Honour
i dont know much about creatine mate ?

The basic protein drinks coupled with some excercising would be best for starters I think

Oddjob, Majiknwa, paz and da flash would be able to inform you better.

Caporegime
OP
my god this bar is sickly, i can barely finish it!! (and trust me im a chocolate fiend)

a lot of those posts give directions about odering in england, but im out of the country at the moment, and wont be back for a month or two, so ill have to find sommat similar here

is whey gain or whatever good?

Associate
if you try bodybuilding.com they have a large store in America that ships to Canada IIRC, also will give plenty of workout ideas

IMO you shouldn't start on creatine until you are in a gym, you won't be really using the benefits of it until then. You'll gain a bit in water retention but will lose it once you stop taking it.

Whey is a form of protein found in most powders, i'd personally recommend Reflex Instant Whey due to it's price and it doesn't taste too bad. You can mix it with water (flavours are strawberry, chocolate and vanilla) but it tastes better with milk (aswell as the added benefits milk provides) but i guess you'd have to take it with water.

As for working out, i'd go on your own pace with what you can at home, then try a proper course when you can go to a gym. An instructor should give you a basic starter session then just do what your body responds to best.

Soldato
Originally posted by Nickg
is whey gain or whatever good?

EAT MORE

Whey is great stuff.... but remember whey is basically the solid part of milk. It won't have anywhere near as much lactose as milk (not sure how much) so you may be better off if you can try it first.

EAT MORE

Being naturally skinny you must EAT MORE!!! think how much you eat now and double it. Spread your food throughout the day so you are eating 5-7 meals. That way your body gets nutrients all through the day. Try to get most of your protein from proper food sources

EAT MORE

Anything that used to walk, swim or fly (and eggs) is great cos it's gonna be high in protein. You don't have to worry about excess fats or carbs, just eat EVERYTHING but make sure there's lots of protein.

EAT MORE

Body weight stuff will help to an extent but if you really want to get some muscle on you, you gotta get to a gym and start lifting. For the moment, Pressups, pullups, squats, situps. L-Plate is probably has better knowledge of a good Bodyweight routine.

Last edited:
Soldato
To start off, as a few people have said u should eat more. You should be consuming 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight at the minnimum (because you are skinn). I dont think its wise to go onto creatine just yet, as creatine is meant to be used alongside a decent routine. Creatine provides extra energy for your muscles, so you can keep going longer in the gym. People are faulsly led to believe that the actual creatine itself gets you "bigger", when it doesnt, because the creatine provides that exra energy for the muscles you can keep going in the gym longer, which then gets your muscles to grow.

The following food are good protein sources

Eggs (have 12grams of protein, and all the protein is absorbed)
Fish (tuna etc)
Steak
Chicken
(all lean meats)

those are the basic protein sources.

Try and encoperate fish, chicken and steak (or similar) into your 3 main meals a day (breakfast, diner, tea) say fish in the morning, chicken in the afternoon and steak or something in the evening. Remember brekfast is the most important meal of the day.

When you start training properly in the gym, then u can incoperate cretine into your diet if you wish. A coiple of my mates have been on creatine and have had pretty good results (strength increasde from the extra energy in the muscles). BUT when they have stopper using the creatine their strength dips because the muscles now do not have the amount of energy they had before. I have never been on creatine muself and have been training seriously for about 3 months now, because of this my strength levels have steadily increased and never dipped because i havent been on creatine.

When you do start supplementing, get something like whey protein (i sampled something called Maxi Meal, I think it was called that, and it had 57 grams of protein init, which is very good for just one "meal", have that twice a day and you already have 114 grams of protein. Then you can bring up the protein count in the rest of your meals.

Also one of the best times to eat a lot of protein would be soon after a hard session (not to soon), this is because when weight training your glycogen level depleet and are in need and need to be repleneshed. Protein does this job, so nearly all of the proting you eat after a session will get used and not go to body fat. And dont forget to drink a lot of water, the more water you drink the less is stored under the skin.

Becuase you havnt got access to a gym at the moment you should concentrate on being able to handle your own body weight. By doing exercises like Push ups, chin ups etc. If you have dumbells at home do some laterals rises, concentration curls, bent over dumbell rows, tricep extensions, dumbell presses.

Also try and get a program that you can follow, so you know what your doing everytime you go to the gym.

Caporegime
OP
thanks for that guys, im gonna go out tomorow pick up some protein mixture, and some eggs, `ive found out u can scramble eggs in the microwave in a cup, so ill have that for my breakfast after a morning workout, then a snack bar at 11 ish, a shake/pasta lunch at 1-2pm, chicken meal at 5-6pm, shake at 8pm, and a scrambled egg at 10-11pm

does that sound like a reasonable diet? (i am starting to suppliment my vitamins too, ande drinking 3 ocean spray bottles per day, plus chocolate snacks to add calories.

Man of Honour
hey mate just a suggestion but instead of having a snack bar at 11 try and get a tuna sandwich.

other than that it seems like a decent diet to me, the only other thing i would possibly say is to drop the chocolate altogether but see what others say first.

Permabanned
Buy a crate of tuna. Put three cans in bag before work/school/walking the streets. Make sure you are eating every two hours. Without fail!!!!

If you fancy a drink, drink full fat milk (I may get some hassle for that one).

But a good quality protein shake that you like the taste of. Make two litres of it in the morning (Yes, I said two litres) and sip throughout the day. This does NOT count a s ameal as far as you are concerned.

When not eating meals, tuna or sipping protein, drink water. Lots of water.

Use creatine in month on/month off cycles - starting with month off ot get your body into the idea of using protein.

Have a good breakfast - with a protein shake. Carbs to replenish what has been used the night before. Oatmeal is good. An egg or three whisked up helps - and they're cheap - so no compaining about cost. Oatmeal is next to nothing, and is made with water or milk.

For lunch, have a grilled chicken salad or sandwich and a jacket potato. Don't be scraed of fats - we need them! Try and avoid sugar though.

For dinner, have a decent hot meal with a good amount of protein in it. Don't neglect you veggies.

Buy some multivitamins. Also cheap and last a while. Take before bed, not when you get up.

Mid evening snack (If you really need that weight putting on). Something carb low and light. I like a bowl of tuna mayo or salami in a small pitta bread.

When you to bed, bang another protein shake down you - one with slow relaease carbs for night is good - promass or cyclone etc. Take your multivits and get eight hours sleep.

Repeat until huge.

For training, buy a book on body resistance exercises. This is called something - if I remember I'll let you know. A lot of the Army do them. Things like upside down push ups, self supporting squats etc. Not bad for muscle growth, but not great. Good for stripping down though. BUt you really want one or the other. Lifting chairs will just pop muscles as they are unbalanced. Buy some cheap dumbells - you can do a reasonable workout with just dumbells, believe it or not.

This is cheap, but you have to stick to it. Protein is reasonable, but that will be your biggest layout. Tuna is dirt cheap,and the rest of the food is just normal price.

Anything else? Keep us updated!

Majik

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If you fancy a drink, drink full fat milk

agh no can do im afraid, i am lactose andf cant have that much milk...

Lots of water

does ocean spray count, its like 80% water 20% fruitjuice?

Buy some multivitamins

already one step ahead there

snack bar at 11 try and get a tuna sandwich

ill try but its definately easier to get hold of a bar than some tuna unfortunately.

i have read that eating too much meat protein is actually bad for your body, that you will encounter problems due to higher cholestoral, and something about heart disease, thats the kind of stuff that worries me:/

Buy some cheap dumbells - you can do a reasonable workout with just dumbells

i have a travel bag, that i am loading up with stuff, i have a couple of small dumbells at home, and it feels just like them, but heavier, so im gonna try that

all i am doing now really is prepping my body maybe expecting a bit of growth, till i get home in april, when i will have more food and facilities available to me

cheers everyone so far

edit; im a chocolate fiend, and my bars i consume have approx 5g protein, 26g sucrose, and 200-300 calries, which i may need, or is the sugar bad?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom