Seeing SetiClassic off in style!

MGP

MGP

Soldato
There are still too many of the team submitting a vast number of WUs on seti boinc. If only there was some way of enticing them to classic for a couple of weeks we'd have this thing licked.

Associate
OP
OR they've turned off retrieval of stats in the run up to turning off Classic maybe?? :eek:

Even if it's just a random problem, as it's about to be cancelled I doubt they'll bother fixing it! :(

Soldato
right I found my E-Mail addie, installing now. We used to have a little installer avialable in the team that insatlled s@h client, driver and shortcuts automagically. Does anyone have a linky to it?

I'll have 1 3.0 HT xeon 24/7 and a HT 3.0 P4 whenever I'm in the office :D

Go team!

HT

EDIT: just so I can look like a complete n00b, how many units a day am I going to get from the above boxes? I've gone for a 20 unit cache on the server, will this last it for 24 hours?

EDIT2 OK, more than 20 required:

All data sent.
SETI@home account summary:
Name: happytechie
Data units completed: 8862
Total computer time: 52240 hr 59 min 20.4 sec
Logged in as happytechie ()
Number of work units processed: 8862

I think I had an aborted one as my first work unit :D

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Hmm, so we're just going to have to blindly keep plugging away, sending in our results, and see what happens. A mega game of statistical chicken :eek:

Soldato
I think the people at borkley are trying to stop us crunching. It must be a complete pita for them to suddenly have a high demand for units on classic when they are busy trying to turn things off and get ready for the shutdown.

Oh well, I've got no idea how many work units I've done...

HT

Soldato
happytechie said:
I think the people at borkley are trying to stop us crunching. It must be a complete pita for them to suddenly have a high demand for units on classic when they are busy trying to turn things off and get ready for the shutdown.

Oh well, I've got no idea how many work units I've done...

HT
I am not having problems up/downloading units though, it's just the stats that are borked.

Associate
I recieved this email from berkeley this morning

SETI@home completes the switch to BOINC
----------------------------------------------------
SETI@home has completed its transition to BOINC (Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing). BOINC, developed at U.C. Berkeley, is a framework for volunteer computing projects like SETI@home.

Switching your computer to the new "SETI@home/BOINC" is easy. Visit http://setiathome.berkeley.edu for instructions. We'll be shutting down the "SETI@home Classic" project on December 15. The workunit totals of users and teams will be frozen at that point, and the final totals will be available on the web.

Back
Top Bottom