W900i

Associate
I've been following the w900i thread over at mobile-review for a while now and the general consensus is "(fingers crossed) before christmas". Vodafone claim to be releasing it on the 7th of december. Phones4u and the carphone warehouse have no idea when it's out and 3 say it's not on their projected list of handsets.

A few e-tailers in the states do have some in stock however (leaked handsets) but they are going for extortionate prices - $996 or thereabout.

I actually popped into my local three store yesterday and the manager there said it's going to be a vodafone exclusive. I'm not sure if he meant for a couple of weeks or indefinitely. I hope he's wrong and at worst the former.

Associate
Well thats real shame that as I htae vodafone but would love this phone :(, will just wait for it on 02 then :p

Anyone know how much it is likely to cost on a £19 a month contract with 02 or £25 a month with orange?

Soldato
dboundy said:
Well thats real shame that as I htae vodafone but would love this phone :(, will just wait for it on 02 then :p

Anyone know how much it is likely to cost on a £19 a month contract with 02 or £25 a month with orange?

About £200 maybe £150 on the O2.

Associate
Already shipped to distrubters, should be with retailers this week. Not sure where the Vodafone "exclusive" comes from unless its a colour varient exclusive.

Associate
Airax said:
Already shipped to distrubters, should be with retailers this week. Not sure where the Vodafone "exclusive" comes from unless its a colour varient exclusive.

Hey Airax, how sure are you of this? Not doubting you or anything but everywhere i've asked i've heard late december at best for this phone. I hope you're right though..

Soldato
Airax said:

wrong!

certainly hasn't been shipped yet and it is a voda exclusive (they also have white as an exclusive).

Mid dec is bang on for vf, next year for 02/orange etc.

I haven't even had a trial unit yet so it certainly hasn't been shipped.

Associate
matt100 said:
wrong!

certainly hasn't been shipped yet and it is a voda exclusive (they also have white as an exclusive).

Mid dec is bang on for vf, next year for 02/orange etc.

I haven't even had a trial unit yet so it certainly hasn't been shipped.
Well several distrubters disagree with you then. They claim to have the W900i arriving this week. If they have hold of them, not sure how it can be an exclusive. Unless networks won't be "offically" carrying it until later. This won't stop retailers selling them. Thats all.

Associate
Damnn Vodafone. Of all the phones on the planet they had to get the w900i as an exclusive. It's no point waiting till the new year for this phone. I'l be much better off waiting a little longer for the black n80 (which is about 1000 times better)

Pug

Pug

Soldato
Matt, without breaking NDAs etc, is there anything interesting in the pipeline from Sony?

Waiting to upgrade my S700 which i love, but i really dont like the W900. W800/K750 are old hat really now, and getting very common. Currently looking to leave SE ( :( ) as there's nothing i like the look of...

Associate
matt100 said:
it will if we don't ship them!

I work for sony ericsson.. its defo defo defo a vf exclusive and not shipped yet... end of story.

Looks like they are landing with several retailers today. Distrubters have them. I'll try and get one to play with today and take some piccies if they land.

Associate
We they are here. I've just had a play with a black one. Either that or I'm taking some wacky stuff that makes me see things.

Comes with the HPM-80, like the one that comes with the W800i but with a cool LCD display and control buttons.

Comes in the same style box as the W800i, but with black bits. Its a bit big though, same size as an S700i though.

No memory card in the box though. Will post pics tomorrow, I'm off out tonight.

Last edited:
Associate
Airax said:
We they are here. I've just had a play with a black one. Either that or I'm taking some wacky stuff that makes me see things.

Comes with the HPM-80, like the one that comes with the W800i but with a cool LCD display and control buttons.

No memory card in the box though. Will post pics tomorrow, I'm off out tonight.

Ok now i'm confused. Is the w900i gonna be out this year on 3 or isn't it? Matt if you work for se and haven't distributed any w900i's yet howcome airax played with one today?

Is the new se in the pipeline gonna be the p990i?

Btw is dosen't say coming soon on their website anymore

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=pp1&zone=pp&lm=pp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom