Firefox and OCUK board themes?

Soldato
See the delights of your usercontent.css.

You can use this file, located in you profile chrome folder, to have standard (and proprietry) CSS rules applied whenever a page is rendered. Bear in mind that these rules will be applied to all sites, so you really need to be specific on your rules to target the correct elements.

For example, if you wished to remove the Google toolbar link from the Google results pages, you could use the following rule:
Code:
body[onload="document.gs.reset()"] > center > br:first-child + table { display: none !important;}

However, with the release of Firefox 1.5, you can now target specific domains. robmiller has previously posted a handy guide to do this. In case that thread gets pruned:

robmiller said:
God I can't believe I just made this it hurts my eyes :(

How to change the forum colour scheme

1. Make sure you're running Firefox 1.5 RC2.
2. Start -> Run -> type "%appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles" without the quotes, and hit enter.
3. Open the folder called xxxxxxxx.default, where xxxxxxxx is a random string of 8 characters, and browse to the chrome directory within that.
4. Rename userContent-example.css to userContent.css, and open it in Notepad/your text editor of choice.
5. Copy and paste this to the bottom of the file, save it, and restart Firefox.
Code:
@-moz-document domain(forums.overclockers.co.uk) {
	/* 
	** OcUK colour scheme changer 
	** By Rob Miller
	*/
	body, .page, .thead, .tfoot, .alt2, .alt2Active, .panel { background-color: #601719 !important; }
	.alt1, .alt1Active, .panelsurround, .vbmenu_option { background-color: #9D2225 !important; }
	.vbmenu_control, .vbmenu_hilite, .tcat { background-color: #C2282B !important; }
	.vbmenu_popup { border: 1px solid #C2282B !important; }
}
6. Voila! Bask in your horrid red forums, safe in the knowledge that no one else has to endure them for your sake.

Edit: wahey grey forums for me :cool: http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/364/greyocuk1zo.png

Soldato
Well the grey one I posted is pretty white. If you want it all white, though, you can just change the hex colours appropriately - I presume you'll want all the backgrounds to be white, and all the colours to be black.

This one should sort ye:

Code:
	/* 
	** By Rob Miller
	*/
	* { background:#fff !important; color:#000 !important; }
	.vbmenu_popup { border: 1px solid #ccc !important; }
}

Soldato
nice :)

here's my new boring one

Code:
	/* 
	** By Rob Miller
	*/
	body, .page, .thead, .tfoot, .alt2, .alt2Active, .panel { background-color: #576271 !important; color:#FFFFFF !important; }
	.alt1, .alt1Active, .panelsurround, .vbmenu_option { background-color: #a7b2b8 !important; color:#000000 !important; }
	.vbmenu_control, .vbmenu_hilite, .tcat { background-color: #596774 !important; }
	.vbmenu_popup { border: 1px solid #FFFFFF !important; }
	a:link, a:visited { color: #000000 !important; }
}

Sort of grey/blue

Last edited:
Associate
I don't think so as they are specified as images rather than text links with image backgrounds. You could use this method to change background images - I would imagine you could do the other with a Greasemonkey javascript, although I haven't got round to playing with that yet.

Back
Top Bottom