Coolermaster ATCS 200

Soldato
Being so nice looking cases are no longer made (I cant believe how pants modern cases are).. I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand old style CM, and the 200 was my favourite of the lot.

Now, I've found one for sale, question is how much is too much for one of these? What was the original selling price?

Its this one btw:

whole.jpg

Associate
The major factor is the condition and then of course how much you want the case!

If it's been hacked about and battered a bit will go for around £30-40

If it's in mint cosmetic condition (no scratches, dents etc.) but has been modded, again depending on the mod and what you want it for it would be around £40-60 (I once looked at a cosmetically beautiful case but it had the lower drive bays removed and a big hole cut out the back for water cooling- no good to me)

If it is in original and mint cosmetic condition then they tend to fetch £60- 75

And i would personally say if you had one mint in original box with all screws, psu bracket, instruction sheets etc. it would be worth £80+ (like my 201-SX1)

Associate
Tim said:
Not really interested in 201's, too common:o

I was expecting to pay well over £100 for a 200, £60-£70 is fine:D:D:D

I wasn't offering it to you, mearly stating that if you had one in the same condtition as you purchased it from the retailer it would obviously fetch more.

This is relative anyway - you were obviously willing to spend over £100 on it. As i don't really like the black on the front panel wouldn't pay more than a tenner for one.

The opposite of the 201 i have is that i wouldn't sell it for any less than £100 but as you think they are too common you probably wouldn't pay tenner for it.

Swings and roundabouts, perceived value by the seller and buyer, and want or need.

Soldato
OP
BAcon said:
moving out of the silverstone?

Considering it.

Harib0 said:
I wasn't offering it to you, mearly stating that if you had one in the same condtition as you purchased it from the retailer it would obviously fetch more.

I know, sorry if my reply seemed like I was refusing your "offer"?:confused:

Harib0 said:
but as you think they are too common you probably wouldn't pay tenner for it.

You're right. 201's are like digestive biscuits, 200's are just a bit more chocolate hob nobby:p Thanks for the price estimates though:)

Associate
Iver Athlon said:
Expect to pay more for a v1 (grill at top insted of mesh) as they are higher quality:)

Talking along the lines of the 201, people seem to want and pay more for the SX2 as it has blue LEDs. So it's interesting to know that the quality in the SX1 is better.

How exactly is it higher quality?

Associate
atcs 200

i've got 3 coolermaster atc200's, one v1 and 2 v2's... the v1's do have better build quality (and they can take 8 3.5inch drives down the front instead of just 6 in the v2's...)

i think they are one of the best cases ever made...

mof

GT3

GT3

Soldato
I have a v1 now but used to have a v2. The v2 got a dent in it pretty easily but IMO looked a bit better with the front grill not going right to the bottom of the case and the mesh grill on top. If you are transporting the pc around a v1 is better but if the pc stays in the same place all the time then a v2 would be fine. Not that this really matters as you haven't been able to get one brand new for a few years now.

BTW: Coolermaster ()\/\/|\|s j00 etc ;)

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I don't think theres a nicer looking case than the CM 200's but I'm probably going to end up with a Silverstone TJ04 or something, its has better availability:p

Associate
Tim said:
Being so nice looking cases are no longer made (I cant believe how pants modern cases are).. I'm looking at buying a 2nd hand old style CM, and the 200 was my favourite of the lot.

Now, I've found one for sale, question is how much is too much for one of these? What was the original selling price?

Its this one btw:

whole.jpg

I had one of these for my very first build, indeed a lovely looking case.

Back
Top Bottom