A battlefield2 thread

Associate
Practise choppers on singleplayer so people don't get angry with you, have a few spells as gunner online so you know how you need to fly to allow your gunner oppurtunities to hit. Like keeping the nose up when taking on other choppers, and steady when launching TV missiles. Make sure you adjust your sensitivity to suit.

The transport helis are easiest to fly as they are slower and alow a bit of time to correct mistakes, allthough if you crash with a full load of passengers your not going to be popular. It takes a bit more skill to fly a gunship - but it becomes fairly easy after a little while.

Soldato
I've had BF2 for just over a month now, it's a cracking little game, like weeble above i moved onto it from FarCry, it takes a fair bit of getting used to, but now i'm pretty used to it now and enjoying it, averaging about 40pts per game now :)
I'm coming up to my 3rd unlock now, i have the G3 and G36C now, i'm thinking i may save it until i get SF and then unlock the F2000 as i play assault most :D

Permabanned
Skiddley said:
Just be careful to alternate stabbings, don't want a ***** death-streak.

Thats fine with me, someone give me there msn or xfire and we'll go on a server and do it:)

Also does anyone know any strike at karkland only ranked servers?

or any servers with LONG round times?

Associate
Oyster2 said:
Practise choppers on singleplayer so people don't get angry with you, have a few spells as gunner online so you know how you need to fly to allow your gunner oppurtunities to hit. Like keeping the nose up when taking on other choppers, and steady when launching TV missiles. Make sure you adjust your sensitivity to suit.

The transport helis are easiest to fly as they are slower and alow a bit of time to correct mistakes, allthough if you crash with a full load of passengers your not going to be popular. It takes a bit more skill to fly a gunship - but it becomes fairly easy after a little while.

Or have a look around for some empty servers and once you've been flying around for a while, people might start to join and a game will start.

I was useless with helichoppers to begin with! Got a joystick (logitech attack 3 is nice and cheap and quite responsive) and really enjoy flying around now.*

Landing is now quite easy... make sure the chopper is flying level then just hit the 'S' key. Doesn't matter if you land hard as it won't take too much out of it.

* I'm gash with planes though! ;)

Soldato
Was speaking to one of the bigger Game Server Hosts in the UK last night. As of January they have a license to sell Ranked servers as well as Multiplay. Hopefully the prices will come down and the customer service will be a whole lot better

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
For those that are still waiting for load up because of the movies here's a nice simple safe way to speed up start up times.
Go to
Program files/EA/BF2/mods/BF2/movies
create a folder inside Movies call OLD then move all the files in the movie folder except the Welcome one into the new OLD folder.
Then go to
Program files/EA/BF2/mods/xpack/movies and do Exactly the same.

All movies and BS will be gone and your BF2 will start in seconds. I know most may have already done this another way but this is a nice safe way with no file name changes or deletion. All fully recoverable in the future if needed.
It makes untold difference to start up time and is well worth doing.
#
I have done this Myself and it works Perfectly.

Soldato
R0551 said:
Speaking of choppers, can someone give me pointers on flying them, I'm trying to practice it by playing sp so I don't get flamed for being a moron but I only get so far before fudging it up royally.
Get hold of a playstation joypad with a usb converter. They're brilliant for choppers and planes. One thumb-stick gives collective and yaw, the other roll and tilt. Works a treat.

Associate
malc30 said:
For those that are still waiting for load up because of the movies here's a nice simple safe way to speed up start up times.
Go to
Program files/EA/BF2/mods/BF2/movies
create a folder inside Movies call OLD then move all the files in the movie folder except the Welcome one into the new OLD folder.
Then go to
Program files/EA/BF2/mods/xpack/movies and do Exactly the same.

All movies and BS will be gone and your BF2 will start in seconds. I know most may have already done this another way but this is a nice safe way with no file name changes or deletion. All fully recoverable in the future if needed.
It makes untold difference to start up time and is well worth doing.
#
I have done this Myself and it works Perfectly.

There's an even simplier way, that doesn't modify/move/change the movie files in anyway.

Just add '+restart 1' (without the quotes) to your BF2 and BF2SF shortcuts. Works perfectly! :D

Associate
Ive just bought a Saitek Evo Wireless, specifically for BF2 but cant program the damn thing.

I'm using the twist function for steering but I cant get it to twist the right way (i.e. twist to right turns the chopper right etc). Mine is the opposite way round.
Ive never used a PC joystick before and this is proving a nightmare. Ive tried the SST programming software but cant work it out (I have zero patience by the way)

Any help appreciated :D

BBJ

Associate
Hmm... tried turning look inversion off?

I set my Logitech Freedom Wireless 2.4 joystick up without a hitch, all I had to do was go into the options and set the secondary ket for the action to what corresponded on the joystick. IIRC, setting the yaw right, for example, to right twist would automatically set yaw left to twist to the left (Or Joystick Axis X, as it called it, X being the Axis number). Make sure you haven't got them mixed up. If the functions correspond properly, try setting them opposite, IE, Yaw left = Twist right, and BF2 may accept that.

Oh, and don't use a joystick for helicopters. It'll all end in tears. Mouse and keyboard offer more accurate control, while a joystick is a must-have for jet pilots.

Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes!

Oh, and I got my F2000 & G3. F2000 owns.

Associate
Managed to suss it out now...cant believe how sensitive it is for choppers!!
Lots of practice I think ;)

Cheers for the help foster.....see you on 50klicks (you'll spot me flying a choper like a numpty!!)

Associate
Some issues with X-fi soundcard for me.

In the screen below it says Advanced HD under the EAX logo. Problem is that when i get out of a game i notice it goes back to basic EAX no Advanced HD under the logo. Does that mean i am not getting the most out of my card? :confused:

bf2audio_bg.jpg

Alos is CMSS3d worth turning on for the game? Anywhere i can find a tweak guide for the card? I have 5.1 speakers.

Last edited:
Associate
fdxd said:
Some issues with X-fi soundcard for me.

In the screen below it says Advanced HD under the EAX logo. Problem is that when i get out of a game i notice it goes back to basic EAX no Advanced HD under the logo. Does that mean i am not getting the most out of my card? :confused:

I have the same card but don't (ever) get the "Advanced HD" part :confused: Very odd :)

Associate
I guess its ok unless someone corrects us. :p

Anyone know how to turn the voices down the voice slider seems to have no effect.

Associate
BigB@dJ@y said:
Managed to suss it out now...cant believe how sensitive it is for choppers!!
Lots of practice I think ;)

Cheers for the help foster.....see you on 50klicks (you'll spot me flying a choper like a numpty!!)

I use A and D for fine tuning - small turns and countering joystick banks.

I started off with a Saitek ST90 but that was hideous - cheap too! ;)

I'm happy with my Logitech Attack 3 though.

Soldato
My fav unit is the engineer, unfortunately that means my score always sucks. Not only does the engineer have the worst default weapon, but it takes about a minute of constant repairing before you get a single point.

Back
Top Bottom