Votes: 275 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 124 31.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
rotfl..

if you dont care about the iraqi people why do you care if any of them die?

is that the extent of your 'coherent' argument against war? :rolleyes:

Associate
Originally posted by vitet
The Iraqi people are dying already and have been ever since Saddam has been in power and they will continue doing so unless someone puts a stop to it.
very true, but according to me dad who has worked over there, the Iraqi people are relatively free compared to some of the other arab states who we are friendly with.

I'm not defending sadam's control over Iraq but I think that that is a valid point.

However, I still maintain that it should be on a UN ruling because otherwise it'll be another 'league of nations' which collapsed due to lack of co-operation

sadly some people think war = death therefor no war means life

I say to those people "shut up you dumb ********"

Saddam has killed more people in his own country than we will in this poxy war.

Saddam will die before liberating his people and his successor will be of the same mindset as he is. It is very unlikely the system will change in Iraq if the world doesn't intervene.

Basically no action will result in more death.

The Iraqis are dammed if we do and dammed more if we don't.

Soldato
I heard on the news that France want all future disputes to be solved by Pooh Sticks. And if the threat of Pooh Sticks is not enough, they are prepared to escalate to def con 5, otherwise know as conkers at 10 paces.

Soldato
Originally posted by MAD_BANDIT
no reason to resort to swearing, or even *'s

the only bombing and noxious gases are coming from the US and Blair.

SAddam is no threat, he is less of a threat now then he was in 1991, and we slaughtered them them.

he would never dare to release chem/bio weapons, he knows what would happen. if there was a time he would do it it woudl ahve been in 1991, but if we corner him like a rat, he might just decide to use them...if he even has them.

and don;t bother tellingme he has them, there's no proof, just lkike the arguements the US used about the fissile material that the un inspectors rubbished as the docuemnts the us were using were forged...

ok my mate , you be ignorant , its your decision.Nothing to do with the fact UN weapons inspectors say 10's of thousands of litres of anthtrax are unacounted for ? but no...anthrax won't hurt anyone , it makes the plants grow and the birds sing :rolleyes:

Associate
Absolutly 100% YES and about time as well. Suddam has had more than enough chances to back down.

110% backing of going to war to sort this evilness once and for all.

Regards

Chris

Associate
Originally posted by Robert
UN weapons inspectors say 10's of thousands of litres of anthtrax are unacounted for ?
If the anthrax is stored in a secret location by saddam then an us/uk missle hits it and releases it in to the air - what then?
I meen it would sure stop him from releasing it

Soldato
ok my mate , you be ignorant , its your decision.Nothing to do with the fact UN weapons inspectors say 10's of thousands of litres of anthtrax are unacounted for ? but no...anthrax won't hurt anyone , it makes the plants grow and the birds sing :rolleyes:

off course no you are trying to make me angry :mad:
;)

can anyone really tell me that Iraq actually has any intent to attack the UK and other countries with weapons of mass destruction?

I believ the impact of war under current circumstances would undermine the war against terrorism and breed future suicide bombers.

Soldato
Heres a point I havent seen being raised much

Put yourself in Saddam's sand covered shoes, you have the US and the UK falling over themselves to invade you, maybe for the wrong reasons (we'll never know) and no matter what you do will change that.

If he destorys his weapons, then the US will invade anyway and he will have less to defend himself with.

If he doesnt destroy his weapons, the US will invade and he will have more to fight back with.

So why would he bother disarming if no matter what he will be invaded?

I voted no but if we go in Ill be behind troops 100% as my very good mate is over there in the Paras

Soldato
Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
If the anthrax is stored in a secret location by saddam then an us/uk missle hits it and releases it in to the air - what then?
I meen it would sure stop him from releasing it

but what if their being spread about by al-qaeda or issued to troops for them to use ? which is apparently what pentagon sources are being told...

Associate
Originally posted by r1cko
rotfl..

if you dont care about the iraqi people why do you care if any of them die?

is that the extent of your 'coherent' argument against war? :rolleyes:

erm i thought we were sending our boys in, infact if it goes belly up we could be going in not only our boys.

Soldato
but what if their being spread about by al-qaeda or issued to troops for them to use ? which is apparently what pentagon sources are being told...

right,

you believe everything they say

Then those dossiers began to fall apart.

The British dossier had contained an alarming claim that Iraq had tried to acquire uranium from an African country despite not having a civilian nuclear programme.

The UN inspectors managed to establish that the claim was based on forged documents. Collapse of case.

Another suspicious consignment of thousands of aluminium tubes, thought to be for uranium enrichment, was accepted by the inspectors to be for the manufacture of rockets.

Then another document produced by the British Government about the evils of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein turned out to have been based on a student's thesis.

The thesis was not necessarily wrong, but it had not been credited. Collapse of document.

Most damaging of all, the inspectors made progress and did not find any of the weapons of mass destruction the dossiers had said were there.

Even a presentation by the US Secretary of State Colin Powell to the Security Council proved unconvincing. He produced photographs and even audio tapes, but failed to make a decisive impact.

Nor did he convince everyone that there were links between Iraq and al-Qaeda.

Soldato
right.. like this 'war' is going to require a draft after 45,000 british troops are slaughtered?

stop reading what charles kennedy of the iraqi party says..

Associate
If indeed it has been given to the terrorist network then it will be used in the next few weeks, and we're as good as dead.
As for the petagon sources are they the CIA per chance - you know the ones who gave exact locations of wepons, only the inspectors didn't find anything!

Associate
No - the UN has to decide in these matters, and the Security Council says "No", therefore it is "No". Simple really.

The UN has time and again shown its incompetence and inability to provide a genuine platform for solving issues of international concern. :mad:

It is and ALWAYS has been a completely useless organisation since its inception at the end of WW2. It was of no use throughout the entire cold war that spanned decades, it was NATO and the Warsaw Pact that prevented the war turning hot.

The UN can NOT continue in it's current form. It is ludicrous that small dictarships have actual power to influence votes on such issues as Iraq, Israel or whatever just because by some coincidence they are on the general UN council at that time (it cycles periodically through all the UN member nations).

The argument that the UN should be obeyed because nothing exists that is better doesn't constitute a strong case in my book!

Soldato
I have no objection to taking out an evil dictator and his regime.

War will always be a part of the human race. It'll never go away no matter how hard we try or how peaceful we become. It's a necessary evil we have to live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom