King Kong

Soldato
kong20.jpg

Great Movie and hats off to Peter Jackson!!

Make sure you go to see this in a good (read:comfy) cinema as it’s over three hours long! Having said that I was totally sucked in to this movie and when I did a quick time check an hour and a half had flown past. . .

kong41.jpg

Great cast (lead roles were handled very smoothly by Naomi Watts, Jack Black, Adrien Brody) good story and state-of-art C.G, what more can you want from a movie. Kong himself is excellent, I found it quite easy to believe he was real, an amazing combination of C.G and character acting by Andy Serkis (of Gollum Fame).

This film will not change your life, but I cannot fault it in anyway. Perhaps the running time could have been reduced, but I really enjoyed all the extra storyline and gratuitous romp through the jungle full of C.G Nasties. There is a scene with large insects that made me feel quite uncomfortable, and a large number of cast (all of whom have some background) get torn apart, crushed, ripped asunder and have their heads *sucked* off!

kong2.jpg

The inevitable fate of King Kong had me choked up a bit and I'm sure I could hear a few *sniffles* around the cinema, but I remember my reaction being similar in the original movie.

I'm sure you will all enjoy this one, and I have included some photo links for people that don’t mind a *semi* spoiler photo of King Kong himself here and here.

9/10 :)

EDIT: The original 1930's King Kong is being shown on Monday 19th December - BBC2 1:25pm

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't expect much from this, but I've heard from just about every source/person, that it's very very good.

Soldato
I'm off to see it tommorow night so I hope it's worth the 3 hours sitting on my arse. I have a short attention span so it might be difficult. :(

Associate
Its pretty good, even though its nearly 3 hours long its missing a few scenes that I saw in a high definition trailer. I would have liked to know how they loaded the creature onto the ship, just technicalities I guess.

Associate
Saw this film the other day too. Its FANTASTIC. I really didn't think i would enjoy it but it was easily one of the most enjoyable films I've seen.

Some bits are a little...silly, but then again the film is about a 25ft gorilla.

Also the fight scenes are excellent if not brutal :D

Soldato
james.miller said:
I've sene the cgi fights between kong and the dino's and its laughable tbh, but i dont think that would put me off the film. I'm still looking forward to seeing it:)

On the big screen it looks amazing, I just got back from seeing the film and it is incredible, Peter Jackson has redemmed himself from lord of the rings in my book!

Soldato
i have just come back from watching it.

good but not brilliant. it was too long first of all, some scenes were unnessary (ice skating!)

the fight scenes were cool though.
and very atmospheric

tad to much like LOTR, especially when they are climbing the cliff!

8/10

Associate
Just got back from seeing this - I loved it!! My opinion is that it is the strangest love story you will ever see. That might sound a bit weird but if/when you see it then what I have said may make a bit more sense.

Associate
I just saw it also, very over the top to be honest, but I kind of expected that. Not bad, certainly no classic, by the end I was waiting for it to finish. I think they should have cut half an hour out of it, maybe more. Kong himself was very cool though, beating his chest and stuff.
7/10

Soldato
Well as per usual the girl that sat next to me provided some good entertainment with her very long and very nice legs.
/random comment

Back to the film though, the first 25 minutes dragged like a woman being towed behind a caveman. The rest of it went a long quite nicely and the effects were pretty good. There were a few laughs had and some stupid bits along the way and the fight scenes were pretty good.

I think that Naomi Watts is the best actor in it and she seems to show real emotion in her acting. Jack Black does quite well as a serious actor and Adrien Brody does his usual eye brow acting (as I do too).

I'd give it 4 out of 5.

I'd just like to add that the end credits have the worst shade of yellow ever used and could quite possibly be the worst ones I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom