Off the United kids tonight, who do you think will make it to the first team ?

Associate
On a regular basis. I'm talking maybe in 2, 3 or 4 years now.

Fletcher looks very good, a future star I think, though I think
he needs to work on his speed. He just seems a bit slow for me.

Stewart is another I like.

Heard some good things about Webber but he didn't play enough
for me to see what he was like.

Giggs, now he's one for the future I think ;)

For me, on tonights performance, I know its only one game but,
apart from Fletcher, Stewart and possibily Webber I think
the rest of them are destined for the first/second divisions.

Can't really could O'Shea, as he's a first teamer already.

Man of Honour
other than the own goal thought lynch had a decent game so did pugh

I'd say those two on top of fletcher and stewart have agood chance of making it.

Caporegime
non of them, i dont know why they disgrace the UTD jersey in such a way.

i watched the game, and was very dissapointed, with both the team selection and the play.

they looked like a bunch of reserve players, or worse, they couldnt even string a set of passes together, sometimes it was like they were trying to make a name for themselves, doing step overs and such like, and failing miserably.

i dont think we should ever field a team that weak, even if there is a slight chance of injury.

these young players need to be groomed into the team as a team unit, i.e seeing how they compliment the play of the better players who can help them along, rather than just whacking blanc in at the back, and giggs in there somewhere.

i never like to see my team lose and feel quite bitter about losing to depor. a team we should be beating, if only for the fans.

Soldato
Seems a little harsh :eek:

I was impressed again with Fletcher. Pace isn't that important in his position. Just look at Beckham, Le Tissier ;) Mendieta and Zidane. They aren't the quickest in the world. If they are good enough at using the ball then pace isn't a neccessity.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Nickg
from watching fletcher i wouldnt even consider him mentioning this attribute in the same breath as zidane et al.

Don't think any midfielder in the world can be mentioned in the same breath as Zidane tbh

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly
Don't think any midfielder in the world can be mentioned in the same breath as Zidane tbh

Obviously, but I mean nobody mentions the fact he has no pace. Fletcher has only just come into the first team and has god knows how many years on Zidane. About 10 is it? So he has plenty of time to improve. The raw talent appears to be there so it can easily be built on. Have a little faith :D

Oh and Chris Marsden is on a par with Zidane at the moment. His bald head is more famous too :D

Caporegime
Funny that, seeing the majority of them actually are reserve players!

i was under the impression they were meant to be playing for the first team like first team members, not like they would play against norwich reserves, is what i meant.

fletcher hmm, i dont think he will make it big big, he might break into the UTD squad in a few years, but will never be a zidane/

Soldato
Originally posted by Storm
Fletcher looks very good, a future star I think, though I think
he needs to work on his speed. He just seems a bit slow for me.

Stewart is another I like.

Agreed, both these two seem to be ones to keep at least.
Richardson seems to be a bit too average but not really seen enough of him to make any rash descisions.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy
Obviously, but I mean nobody mentions the fact he has no pace.

Thats because his anticipation, movement, willingness to work and sheer class on the ball gives him as much time as he needs.

You can't ever tell he's got no sheer pace.

Soldato
ive seen zidane run at pace once and i couldnt believe it was zidane who was running, he was quite fast it was in euro 2000 against portugal iirc

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Nickg
i was under the impression they were meant to be playing for the first team like first team members, not like they would play against norwich reserves, is what i meant.

They were playing for the first team, but you have to understand they are primarily reserve players given a run-out by Fergie to

a) rest his stars
b) see how they perform under no real pressure

No-one expected them to put in a stirling performance, especially in the Riazor, but it'll have been good for them, and will aid in their development as players.

Back
Top Bottom