Stop the less than subtle competitor hinting.

Man of Honour
No doubt your all well aware of what i'm talking about, your less than subtle hints at various jersey based retailers, and others.

When we banned all linking to games sites in here, you all kicked up a huge stink and whinged for days. Well, keep it up and it'll be done again, although this time it'll be permanant.

Stop taking the P.

Soldato
I will put my hands up to doing earlier, sorry. To be honest I wasn't sure why they were classed as competitors as OcUK doesn't sell games. However having a good dig around their site I see they do indeed sell some hardware.

I must admit I do get a little confused some times and miss things on other sites.

Man of Honour
It's gone very bad recently, but notably in the Console forum for blatant hinting / naming, PC forum is pretty quiet regarding competitors these days, a pain really, think my RTM button has ben worn smooth :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Dace said:
You've decided its zero-tolerance, so enforce it.
When it comes to competitor hinting we most certainly are. Any that are missed would be because we can't be everywhere 24/7. Hence where the RTM button comes into it :)

Associate
Haly said:
When it comes to competitor hinting we most certainly are. Any that are missed would be because we can't be everywhere 24/7. Hence where the RTM button comes into it :)

Actually, the last time I mentioned that a post contained a competitor link in the games forum, you were one of the people who informed me that it was acceptable.

Following that, I assumed it was more-or-less tolerated because nothing was ever done about people who consistently posted the references.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Dace said:
Actually, the last time I mentioned that a post contained a competitor link in the games forum, you were one of the people who informed me that it was acceptable.

Following that, I assumed it was more-or-less tolerated because nothing was ever done about people who consistently posted the references.
I'm guessing it was either Game or gameplay that you're referring to? Believe me, I know what are competitors and what aren't when it comes to games retailers ;)
Those are not the places that Orifice is talking about as he's pointed out in his original post.

Soldato
Third Opinion said:
I will put my hands up to doing earlier, sorry. To be honest I wasn't sure why they were classed as competitors as OcUK doesn't sell games. However having a good dig around their site I see they do indeed sell some hardware.

I must admit I do get a little confused some times and miss things on other sites.

I didn't even realise they sold competing products either until they were banned on here :p

Can we get a list of Game shops that we can mention please, I believe Game and Gameplay are fine?

Soldato
Phil99 said:
Can we get a list of Game shops that we can mention please, I believe Game and Gameplay are fine?
That would be a good idea. I always get nervous when mentioning competitors because I'm just not sure. Gameplay is a competitor but is still mentioned widely which doesn't help matters.

Soldato
IIRC you wont get a list of people you can not mention.
I dont know why, if its some kind of game can they at least know the rules first?
Not that i am bothered, i just dropped into the thread to see what was going on.

Soldato
loopstah said:
I think they mean a list of non competitors that sell games. A list of unmentionable competitors would be a bit self defeating.

Either or, it doesnt really matter.
Either way, the guys should know who they can talk about.

Soldato
A list of the ones you can would be great, and the ones you can't class them, eg, online auctioneers, other hardware sellers etc...

Maybe when you register this rule is sent to the person, in big bold letters, first thing they see.

Or you could when they register have the list and rules, then ask a question with multiple choice before they finish registering, eg. You can do one of the following...

Back
Top Bottom