My MOHAA wont WORK!!!!

Associate
Hi im new to overclockers and i would like to know if you could help me.

I bought a new laptop and its more then optimum for the minimum spec on the back of the case the game is MOHAA. It installs on my laptop perfectly but when i go on the game the console comes up like normal the screen turns black and it quits the game and says could not load OpenGL.

What shell i do?
Ive tried updating my graphics card driver and thats fully updated and windows updates have fully updated it. my laptop is on windows XP SP2, the laptop make is toshiba satellite Pro 4600 and the graphics card is a trident accelerator CyberBlade XP.

Plz help ;)

Don
Don't think you're going to have any luck to be honest, that graphics chip isn't a 3d accelerator as far as I can tell and there appears to be no way to replace it.

Welcome to the forum, read the FAQ as your sig is too big.

Jokester

Permabanned
sounds like the opengl part of the graphics driver is not working properlly i used to have this on an old laptop of mine which had a sis graphics chip.
I downloaded a full driver instead of a base driver apparently sis used to tinker etc. Unfortantlly it sounds like u may have to search for a modded driver for your laptop. Do any other opengl games run ok such as quake3 or cs in opengl mode if so it would rule this out.

Permabanned
I wouldn't count on an onboard Graphics card playing games...
They dont support many different technologies, my dads laptop will happily play games like LFS but not intense games like Cod, it just cant support it.

MC_Bob

Soldato
i had this same problem when i re-installed mohaa/s - ended up uninstalling it as i couldn't fix it - shame as i like the game
i have a an x800xtpe aswell which should easily play the game - might try that fix posted above :)

Soldato
How do i use that fix? I'd love to play mohaa again! I owned on multiplayer.. had a clan and everything.. then i upgraded to an x800xtpe and it doesnt work...

How does the fix work?! :p

edit: figured it out myself... and it works!!! Yay.. the time ive missed mohaa :rolleyes: and i'm a bit rusty.. better get back into it :D

Last edited:
Associate
Bit off topic but I installed this game again yesterday and am hooked already!
Brought it into work today as last year we were playing multiplayer. Such a great game :)

Caporegime
Jokester said:
Don't think you're going to have any luck to be honest, that graphics chip isn't a 3d accelerator as far as I can tell and there appears to be no way to replace it.

Welcome to the forum, read the FAQ as your sig is too big.

Jokester

How do you get that to work??

Soldato
right-click and select merge. as a matter of habit you should always take care to see whats being changed in the reg and to backup any existing entrys that may be replaced.

the .reg file can be opened with notepad, to view your reg goto start/run and input 'regedit' without the quotes. an existing entry (from any level, i.e. folder or end data) can be right-clicked and extracted as a .reg file for use as a backup.

Soldato
sorry about bringing this back but i've just re-installed mohaa and patched it ( correctly i think ) then run that .reg file and it still crashes - giving me this in the box :-
"GLimp_Init() - OPENGL Vendor string is NULL" :confused:

any ideas ? it might be i've not patched it correctly ?

Associate
Well, I'm going to step up and claim to be the third person with this problem.

System specification as in the sig...

As soon as I run the .exe file, the screen turns black, then bombs out with an error.

This is going back a little bit, so I'd have to check the error details at home and I'll have a play with the various patches. Not too bothered at the moment because I've just kicked off my first run through of NWN SoU and HoTU and I'll be busy with that for the next week or two.

Man of Honour
TheOtherOption said:
sorry about bringing this back but i've just re-installed mohaa and patched it ( correctly i think ) then run that .reg file and it still crashes - giving me this in the box :-
"GLimp_Init() - OPENGL Vendor string is NULL" :confused:

any ideas ? it might be i've not patched it correctly ?

What driverset are you using? That error implies that your opengl driver isn't working correctly, it should have a string called GL_VENDOR which would read "NVIDIA Corporation" or something like that.

Man of Honour
Yeah... could be worth re-installing or trying the cat6.1s. There's definitely something wrong with your driver installation because the game can't read your GL_VENDOR string. Have you tried any other opengl games e.g. doom3, quake4, quake3, CoD etc?

Alternatively you could try manually copying your atioglxx.dll file into your MOHAA directory (whereever the exe file is). Might need to rename it to opengl32.dll possibly.

Back
Top Bottom