SAGEM F@st 800

Associate
Hi,

I have recently began having a problem with the modem supplied to me from Tiscali broadband.

Occasionally I have had to unplug the USB lead and replug back in, due to the computer not recongising the modem as being connected.

Any ideas how I could resolve this. It does not happen everytime. I have the latest drivers installed from Tiscali website.

Any help in this matter would be great.

Regards

Robert

Soldato
Is the modem plugged directly into your PC? Does your motherboard have a Via chipset on it? I've seen many times in the past that a lot of Via chipsets can't supply the 500mA that USB modems need so this sort of thing happens.

Try plugging the modem into a powered USB hub, or, a better solution would be to replace it with a router - USB isn't designed for networking.

Soldato
rlculver said:
Hi,

I have recently began having a problem with the modem supplied to me from Tiscali broadband.

Occasionally I have had to unplug the USB lead and replug back in, due to the computer not recongising the modem as being connected.

Any ideas how I could resolve this. It does not happen everytime. I have the latest drivers installed from Tiscali website.

Any help in this matter would be great.

Regards

Robert
Hi Robert,

well funnily enough I am having 100% the same problems as you reported, the only difference is my SAGEM USB-Modem has been working fine for nearly two years, but since I built my new system a few days ago the problems started?

I upgraded from an INTEL P4 system/mobo to an AMD Opteron using an ASUS A8N-Premium socket 939 mobo.

I have updated drivers, tried plugging the modem into different USB ports and still no joy? It's a weird problem because it doesn't happen ever boot, just now and then, but the only way I can fix it is to physically unplug the modem and reconnect it, then everything is fine?

Here is a screenshot I prepared just in case I had to speak with Tiscali support:

adslerror1ns.jpg

I was beginning to suspect that:

a) The modem was failing (its 2 years old nearly)
b) The modem was not compatible with my new mobo (worked sweet with my ABIt Ai7)
c) Maybe the USB cable was faulty that links the modem to the pc

etc

Now I have just read this thread, and the part about the 500mA needed for the modem not being supplied my the motherboard USB port...hmmm I will have to try plugging the modem into my DELL monitor, that has a few powered ports. . .

Back
Top Bottom