• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Opteron 144's back in stock!!

Associate
Hi Gibbo

any plans to get other 939 opterons in? Specifically 165's? If so do you have any idea of when you might get stock??
cheers :)

Caporegime
Hmm ive just ordered a socket 939 asrock motherboard as well. This might be a decent buy for me, but i dunno how overclockable the 1.8's are, far as im aware its the 2.0's that are hitting around fx 57 speeds pretty much consistently. :confused:

Then again even if i coul get 2.4 out of it id be getting a £250 chip for a ton, can't complain about that, might have to order one tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Gerard said:
Then again even if i coul get 2.4 out of it id be getting a £250 chip for a ton, can't complain about that, might have to order one tomorrow :)

Even at stock the Opty is the best value for money AMD processor available at the minute so the overclock just puts them in a different league

Caporegime
Yeha i dunno though, kinda mulling it over. At the moment ive a prescott 3.2 @ 4ghz. Not really sure how an opteron at 2.4ghz or so would compare for gamin, probably not much in it at all.

Caporegime
m3csl2004 said:
youll hit more than 2.4 tbh - 2.8 with volts

Hopefully so :)

Anyone know if i need anew psu, ive been reading the opteron thread and noticed some people neded to get a new psu with a different atx connector, my psu curently is an antec 430 watt. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom