Replacement pump for Thermaltake bigwater

Soldato
Hi, I have a thermaltake bigwater cooling kit and the pump is playing up and I wonderd if anyone knew a good replacement (the pump acts a a bit of reservoir as well)

Soldato
The original Thermaltake pump is cack...I owned another branded one once...this is a good opertunity to upgrade to a decent pump and in time...complete system. Look at the Eheim 1048...you'll need some reducers ofcourse = a T-line or res, but expect better temps.

Associate
A T-line or res? Can you explain that please?

I saw the Eheim it looks like a proper job pump ;) And I bet it's way quieter as well.

The reducer barbs need to be 8mm to 10mm right?

Soldato
yip 8mm to 10mm.

A T-line is a t shaped connection in the tubing to fill the system, placed before the pump. A res is just that...a resivior...again placed before the pump...no performance gain, only preference.

And yes...Eheim is "proper" water cooling ;)

Soldato
OP
Well flipside - I'll be interested in having the pump off you for the right price if that helps ease the burden of a new pump. - use davidwatkinson(a)f2s.com

For peice of mind I'd ratehr stick with the same pump for the mo until I feel a bit more confident.

Associate
Mine's not faulty...

feriso - I'm not sure what I'm doing yet, if I do go for the Eheim pump you can have the original off me yea.

Are there any alternatives to eheim that make good but quiet pumps :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
you do not have permission to access this page :(

guess it pays to become a ganster eh ;)

the eheim looks like the pump i'm after though and yes weescott they are quiet i was just after alternatives due to the price. hopefully if i can get a new pump, I can add a chipset cooler to the loop... Anyone know where to put it? From the outlet of pump to inlet of cpu block? or in between the cpu block and the radiator? The chipset block will be the Koolance CHC-A05...

Associate
AAAAAAAAAH the pump is making evil dying-like noises!! HELP!!! If it dies I'm screwed, need my PC for uni work :S anyone know where I can get an eheim ASAP?!!!

Soldato
OP
heh look's like I'll not get the pump then - I'm listening as well as I might end up getting a different pump and puttings fittings on it - keep us informed please :)

Associate
Sure, just ordered it and some adapters, will let you know how it goes. Mine's under warranty though which I will be doing, and will have a replacement...

Back
Top Bottom